Will all the new anti gun legislation being proposed, affect us in the air gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really don't have to specifically target any particular air gun to have dire consequences on the air gun community. With the stroke of a pen the Alphabet org under an anti gun administration can classify all air guns as firearms. All they have to do is follow New Jerseys blueprint.

This is my concern on the subject. Imagine a new federal law That would make muzzleloaders, and Airguns classified the same as any firearm and subject to all rules and regulations. Some states have Airguns and muzzleloaders in that now like New Jersey. No more mail order purchases, all purchases would require a FFL background check, all dealers would be required to have a FFL license and be required to meet all the physical demands of their cities application for becoming a FFL dealer which in some states and towns is ridiculous and expensive to do. All used Airguns and muzzleloaders sold would be required to be shipped to a licensed FFL dealer and that dealer would have to inventory it requiring extra time on their end thus requiring a fee. Airguns would be illegal to be fired within all city limits and in larger populated areas even in rural areas just like powder burners and penalties would be the same as an AR 15 , period. Pellets may be taxed as ammunition which would raise the cost. And the list goes on and on. 

Well, as George Carlin said, “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” I think Congress has proven itself worthy of that definition. IMO, airgunners should keep a low profile until something is specifically proposed that would include us. Bringing it up proactively will just invite investigation by those who don't understand what they are investigating. Truly the first stage of learning, unconscious incompetence. 

They didn't overlook us. We are on their list. Not 1st on the list, but we are on it

Exactly. Considering there is a widespread political agenda (both foreign and domestic) to ban all projectile type tools, rest assured someone has our targets on their radar. These powers won't stop till people are only able to defend themselves with only shovels and pitchforks. If anything, people in the airgun industry should also speak up and support the firearms industry, even if they don't possess a firearm. 

"First they came for the powder burners, and I did not speak out because I was not a powder burner." You know the rest... 

Reactions: buckyusn
They didn't overlook us. We are on their list. Not 1st on the list, but we are on it

Exactly. Considering there is a widespread political agenda (both foreign and domestic) to ban all projectile type tools, rest assured someone has our targets on their radar. These powers won't stop till people are only able to defend themselves with only shovels and pitchforks. If anything, people in the airgun industry should also speak up and support the firearms industry, even if they don't possess a firearm. 

"First they came for the powder burners, and I did not speak out because I was not a powder burner." You know the rest...

👍

Republicans, Democrats, Independents all shoot and hunt. It's a pretty tuff fight in the USA.

True, but even if the air gun sector had half the powder burner legislation imposed upon it, the landscape could change a lot. Forget federal for a second, state and local restrictions might be easier to implement and could still be very intrusive. Let's hope it doesn't happen but it seems logical to be aware and stay informed.

Allow me to suggest that we bring this thread back to a productive discussion of the topic.

Perhaps this question will help

Can anyone offer any insight into exactly what is being considered in proposed legislation that would have an impact on air gunners?

(Not looking for speculation, here say, or rumor, please)

Ed

Productive how? "Proposed". Isn't that the point? Anything could be proposed this afternoon. I agree with many that it is unlikely to really impact the air gun sector anytime soon. But the fact that it COULD happen seems very relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.