• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Will a Inductive Hour Meter Work?

I have a GX CS4 coming and wanted to put an hour meter on it for grease maintenance. The hour meter I ordered is an inductive type where the single lead wire is wrapped around a gas engine's spark plug wire. I was thinking it would pickup a signal off of the motor's positive wire, however, I'm second guessing myself. Does anybody know if an inductive meter will or will not work?

My answer is it might. But a spark plug runs at like 20-50k volts, no? The CS4 runs at 12v and it's DC. Might not be enough induction created to trigger the meter. Like mentioned above - I use a vibration based one on high sensitivity and it works well.
Ahh crap. I saw a YouTube video and they creator said the vibration type didn't work for him. I guess I'll get a vibration type and return these induction ones. Thanks for letting me know the vibration ones do indeed work.

He probably did not set it to high sensitivity as mentioned above, mine didn't work till I did that and it only runs when the pump is pumping
I had to move my hour meter around to get a reliable vibration activation. I had it set to high sensitivity, but the compressor didn't vibrate very much. I also have a YH and that thing vibrates like a paint shaker. No problem there even on low sensitivity.

I had to move my hour meter around to get a reliable vibration activation. I had it set to high sensitivity, but the compressor didn't vibrate very much. I also have a YH and that thing vibrates like a paint shaker. No problem there even on low sensitivity.
I actually had to double sided sticky tape mine to the crank case to get it to work.