• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wildcat with an LDC

I agree 100% with shortening the shroud then having to lengthen it afterwards. All the reviews I saw said it was backyard friendly and the length looked really nice. My AirWolf and Cricket are backyard friendly so I know what I was looking for. One shot out of my Wildcat and my wife said "that thing is loud" and she was right and I was disappointed. Took me a few weeks to get over the disappointment of having to add the FX stack, but all good now because the thing is so light. I took apart the standard moderator and there is very little in there to reduce noise so I guess it is possible FX was looking for more $$$ pull through on the stackable pack.

I like the idea behind adding what is needed to make the gun quieter, so adding sections in theory is a good idea, BUT, i do not like the looks of 5 or 6 of them screwed onto the gun, it starts to make the gun look less high end in my humble opinion. I would much rather see the gun, with either the original shroud, which was according to all reports a lot quieter than their current offering, or with a single attachment to the end of the shroud so it does not look so mickey mouse. If the joints were totally invisible then I would not have an issue with it but they are clearly visible and make the gun look like the stackables are just an afterthought, and still leads me to believe that they were nothing less than a way to bring in more money for FX. Sorry but that is the only conclusion that I can come up with taking into the fact that the original had a longer more efficient shroud, Neil.

"eohlin"I just picked up a laminated Wildcat .25 this past week...beautiful gun for sure. (Thanks to pshooter71)

I'm looking to make it as quiet as possible...so I've reached out to Neil Clague.

Any of you Wildcat guys have any feedback you could provide me and more importantly, I'd like to know what it's going to look like with the LDC on it.

Please post some pics if you have them - I've search, however I can not find!! 

Thanks,
Eric
I could have sworn I put a response to this thread a few minutes ago but I must have forgotten to hit the submit button. Please excuse a possible double post.

I'm about to order a Wildcat and would love to talk with Mr. Clague as well.

I'm still-wet-behind-the-ears new here and will understand if bones should be made before such 'intimacies' are allowed.

Thanks

( I have put up an intro post. )

Verve I have had requests to ship these to countries all over the world. Just look at my 5 week wait times serving just the USA. I can not imagine how long they would be if I tried to accommodate people from other countries. . There is only so much a one man band can make and I am not far off retirement age so there are no plans to start employing people, all the best, Neil.

I can always make a replacement shroud for them if someone could supply me with the thread size on the barrel and the barrel OD. I personally do not like to wrap guns, I can understand hunters doing it, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on a gun and then have to wrap it to hide seems. In a higher end gun why should you settle for anything less than something that looks like a factory part. I try and make my product as pleasing to the eyes as possible and try to make them look like a factory part. But making a full length shroud is something I could easily do, so far I have only had requests for screw on LDC's for them, Neil.

NeilClagueVerve I have had requests to ship these to countries all over the world. Just look at my 5 week wait times serving just the USA. I can not imagine how long they would be if I tried to accommodate people from other countries. . There is only so much a one man band can make and I am not far off retirement age so there are no plans to start employing people, all the best, Neil.

Hi Neil
If you ever make one for FX Impact .25 for local market, please please please make two. I'd be happy to have one any day and even if the wait is long. Desp need a quiet rifle for backyard shooting.
I could however ask my brother in USA to place the order and he can then ship to me.
Whichever is easier for you.
Thanks
A

As I await my Wildcat .25 I'm "studying" all I can find. This is an interesting thread.

I don't need a backyard friendly air rifle. I shoot all kinds of powder burners on my 5-acre lot and own the 146 acre farm adjacent to me. But, one of the attractions for me of an air rifle is to squirrel hunt with less impact than with my .22 and .17 rimfire. I

don't consider my .25 Daystate Wolverine B Hi-Lite loud. I'm hoping, but a bit concerned about reading all the comments above, that the Wildcat .25 will be "noisy"? I am impressed with Mr. Clague's reputation for quality LDCs. But, the main reason I bought the Wildcat was to have a rifle that was shorter than my Daystate Regal XL. I almost bought the Wildcat in .22 to get the shortest possible but I want the .25 for hunting squirrel (I know, shot placement over hole size). The wildcat is 35" and the Daystate is 40". I would hate to "need" to extend the length of the Wildcat in order to make it quiet enough.

My rifle is due 11/23/16. I did not order extra "baffle" extensions.

this is a serious issue for me most all the reviews said this gun was 100% backyard friendly and after buying mine(.25 wildcat) I come here and hear this??? what gives REVIEWERS! I mean I may send this right back and request a refund and just buy a quiet gun that has everything on it from the day I purchase it not have to go buy an add on on a already 1598 dollar purchase. yup blood is boiling now 1st aoa didn't even tell me you needed an adapter and now this that is not very professional. In all my other gun purchases have been very good ones till now more trouble to order a high end gun that an el cheap o ...........from a on-line super hub.

also I squirrel hunt too,and I sit still for hours at a time to wait for them to come down from their hiding point,then to shoot a loud gun and only get one squirrel vs. a quiet gun and get all in the area and fill my needs for my Squirrel dinner when I come home at noonish.hmmmm really considering returning to the place before I even open it up I hope they take it back or i will have to put it up for sale which would really be a bummer!

"bowwild"As I await my Wildcat .25 I'm "studying" all I can find. This is an interesting thread.

I don't need a backyard friendly air rifle. I shoot all kinds of powder burners on my 5-acre lot and own the 146 acre farm adjacent to me. But, one of the attractions for me of an air rifle is to squirrel hunt with less impact than with my .22 and .17 rimfire. I

don't consider my .25 Daystate Wolverine B Hi-Lite loud. I'm hoping, but a bit concerned about reading all the comments above, that the Wildcat .25 will be "noisy"? I am impressed with Mr. Clague's reputation for quality LDCs. But, the main reason I bought the Wildcat was to have a rifle that was shorter than my Daystate Regal XL. I almost bought the Wildcat in .22 to get the shortest possible but I want the .25 for hunting squirrel (I know, shot placement over hole size). The wildcat is 35" and the Daystate is 40". I would hate to "need" to extend the length of the Wildcat in order to make it quiet enough.

My rifle is due 11/23/16. I did not order extra "baffle" extensions.
I got the Wildcat in .25 cal. and in fact today I was out squirrel hunting. I managed to bag one at 58 yards on the second shot with a head shot. He was high in a tree feeding on some poison ivy berries it looked like. I was trying the thread the shot through some branches and after the first shot he jumped but went right back to eating. I will say I am shooting my Wildcat with the Huggett moderator but even without the moderator in the open of the woods or fields the report of the Wildcat is not bad at all. I'd say try shooting the Wildcat as is and see how the report is out in the open. In the areas I squirrel hut there is a lot of underbrush to contend with so keeping the rifle as short as possible will avoid snagging branches. This is the first time I have ever hunted with a .25 cal. and I really love how hard it hits. I don't hesitate to take body shots on squirrels as they expire almost imediately. Bill