FX Wildcat Trigger Pin

I recently bought a new Wildcat MK3 Compact and when I received it, the trigger didn't work. After removing the stock, I found the trigger pin missing. I contacted UA who promptly send a replacement. Now, after several months of use, the pin fell out again and went south and I couldn't find it. Have any of you had this problem? I think FX changed the design. They used to use a model airplane type connecting rod that had a threaded clevis on the end and the pin was staked on to the clevis. I have to find a way to ensure this pin doesn't fall out again.

Trigger.jpg

When working on my FX guns (Royale platform) I put a tiny dab of blue loctite on each end of pins I didn't want to lose. Seems to have kept them in place pretty well. I have a pin FX sent by accident. Do you know the size? If mine is the correct one I'll send it to you. Just a hint, I have an assortment of small nails (brads) that I've cut to length & used as pins in the past. As long as the diameter was right they worked.

Last edited:
I just had this happen to my Wildcat MkI on Saturday. The pin backed out enough to disengage but did not fall out. I was lucky because I was standing on grass at the time. I like the threadlock suggestion and it just seems ironic this post matched my experience exactly just days after it happened. While I bought the Wildcat used about three years ago it was in great shape and continues to be an astonishingly accurate and fun gun to shoot....... thousands of rounds later!

Reactions: jps2486
Hey Paul,
The schematic shows that pin being 1.5mm which is .060". A 1/16 drill bit is .0625". Get a 1/16 bit and chuck it up backwards (spiral end into) your hand drill or drill press. Spin it up and use some sandpaper to remove the material you need to get it to the correct size. Probably 320 grit and then polish with 400 and 600 grit. Cut to length with a dremel cutoff wheel. Good luck. Chip.

Reactions: jps2486