• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wildcat Shroud Removal

Heat up the muzzle end, not so much the shroud tube but the air stripper. The air stripper is threaded onto the end of the barrel with mild thread locker. I used my cigar torch lighter for 15-20 seconds, it doesn't take much heat. I chucked my barrel in the lathe to remove the shroud system but it can left set screwed in the gun until removed.

No. The shroud is screwed onto a threaded spacer piece that's supposed to be screwed onto the barrel itself at the proper location. If you have the stock ldc and airstripper removed from the end and it just spins then the threaded spacer isn't tight. Try to spin and pull it off. The pieces at the end of the barrel have to be removed first.. you should see the barrel free floating inside the shroud

hey Fast Eddie, i finally got the sir stripper off, all this is to polish my barrel. when trying to get the shroud off, i think i have pulled the barrel out about 1/16", then i got polish behind it and cant get it back to line up with transfer port. 
can you tell me how to remove the barrel? i removed the set screw on top, opposite the transfer port and cansee that it needs to go toward the rear.