• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX wildcat reg brass piston change...now by-passing pressure

Well...couldn't leave well enough alone..Put a Huma replacement AMP reg in the Wildcat standard...got it in...started filling it & couldnt get the rear reg to read anything but zero....So I fiddled with it ...turnrd the delrin puck upside down..still nothing...pulled it out and put the other one i took out back in....Had to change to the NEW NEW..(latest & greatest supposedly)..brass reg piston.....delrin was in it. replaced all orings re-installed...NOW...it reads the fill pressure...it won't stop at say 90 bar..just keeps going...at 180..i stopped & released pressure on the pump...Knew that wasnt right......as an aside...sprayed leak detector on it...no leaks EXCEPT the fill probe...i dry fire & it spits it back at ya..Probly all the double loaded slugs...plus at least 25 tins of pellets since new...lol....any suggestions welcomed with open arms....WEEVIL....bail me out again bro...lmao......That the piston I'm referring to...opposite the delrin..no dimple on end like middle one

IMG_20231203_111711792.jpg

There are plenty of red flags in this topic. First, if there is a dimple on the seat, that’s a no go. Second, if your piston length is different than your original piston, that changes everything. As far as the Huma not regulating goes, that’s an interesting one. If your reg gauge always reads zero that means it’s not a reg, it’s a plug. If it had anything to do with the white disc, it would let air past and into the plenum. Then show up on the plenum gauge. Something is not installed right. Maybe install it, bottom out the adjustment screw, then back it out a full turn before airing up the gun.

OK ..Good News....took mine in the gun room..hooked it to my great white tank...eeeeaaassssed the reg adjuster screw IN till the slightest resistance...n backd off 1/16th of a turn.....hit it with a "blast" . BAM....mines actin right again....was filling (like I normally do) from my nomad...i remembered another thread where weevil,qqball,beerthief or SOMEBODY said "blast it sometimes is the answer....they were right on in this instance......thanks again boys...lol....Airgunmann...Have you gota tank to try that with....(when i said blast..i was talkn 50 bar tube pressure in a couple seconds)...nothn crazy....reg settled at 25 bar...let it sit..filled to a hundred...adjusted to 40bar....waited....im at 200 tube pressure & 50 bar on reg....im lovin life again...gna just let it sit n watch for creep.....so far its WAY better than before.....now gta change the breech seal...its spittin at me...lol