Wildcat or matador

1550503305_14445898485c6acd89b29560.37985506_20190116_070025.jpg
1550503358_6268057155c6acdbeb12512.04613183_20190201_162821.jpg
i have both...Fx wildcat mk1 25cal and R5 Matador.30 Standard with huma Regulator...My go to gun is the R5 Matador...The Fx wildcat is a good fun (IF) you get one with no issues...i was lucky to get a good one...but i Recently sold it here on AGN...the guy i sold it to re-sold it to get a Edgun R5M....Edguns guns are super Accurate, built like a tank and super easy to work on if need be....My personal Option Edgun are a much better gun In terms of Durability and Accuracy...Fx seems to have a bad reputation with Quality control...

+1👍🏾

I'll just throw it out there, since we're mainly talking about EDgun and FX Wildcats, but take a look at the Cricket and the Taipan Veteran. Better triggers than the Ed, just as if not more accurate, capable of just as high if not higher power in standard length, reliable, easy to work on, and, did I say ACCURATE? The only downside I see is that the cocking lever is at the rear, vice in the middle of the Ed and WC. And then there's the Vulcan... Many great choices. If it were me, starting over, I'd buy the .25 Taipan Veteran and have enough money left over for a nice scope and bipod... ;)

I'll just throw it out there, since we're mainly talking about EDgun and FX Wildcats, but take a look at the Cricket and the Taipan Veteran. Better triggers than the Ed, just as if not more accurate, capable of just as high if not higher power in standard length, reliable, easy to work on, and, did I say ACCURATE? The only downside I see is that the cocking lever is at the rear, vice in the middle of the Ed and WC. And then there's the Vulcan... Many great choices. If it were me, starting over, I'd buy the .25 Taipan Veteran and have enough money left over for a nice scope and bipod... ;)

All great choices you listed but to answer the OP's question, which one would you recommend to him between the Edgun R5M and the FX Wildcat?

Also, I don't know what's the big deal about the R5M trigger. Mine is about a pound and breaks predictably. No adjustments to the trigger were made by me and came straight from the factory. The trigger is not heavy nor is it mushy just to be clear so others are aware.

DHow do I spend my hard earned money fix wildcat or edgun matador

~~~~~~~~~~

I have not yet had the pleasure of owning an EDgun. Owners of this gun do rave about it.

However, I can tell you that the FX Wildcat is the "Gold Standard" in Bullpups.

Compact, lightweight, powerful, accurate and trouble-free. What's not to like about this .25 caliber thumper?

1550455972_12914633745c6a14a43df052.96762842_IMG_2703.JPG

100% agree !!

Personally I would get an Ed over an FX. I cant say to much about Edgun other then what I have read but I do have a Leshiy and love the thing. However I do have a .25 Vulcan (gen) and I knock pigeons at 130 yards with no issues using the 33 grain JSBs. With that said I was using the 25 grain JSBs as well with no issues. I just wanted to give the heaver pellets a try.

There are other much better options out there then FX. Do your research. Thats a good amount of cash to just through at an airgun only to end up with issues. I would like to point out that I very much want an FX airgun. Wildcat and the (ugly) Impact. Just the track record of issues keeps me away. I know some have had great luck and have had no issues. Thats still a big risk on an FX purchase.