• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wildcat Not Grouping Well with 25.4 gr JSB Pellets ...

Verve
"Nueces"Well, the new transport position helped. But this gun just WILL lose its POI each day it seems. After one day it was just a half inch off to the right. After two days it was one inch off to the right and a half inch low. After pumping it up just now to 220b it took two more adjustments to get it zeroed. Brought it up 4 clicks ( 50 yd target ) and then the POI moved another half inch to the right. ( ??? ) Once zeroed it stacked five pellets in one ragged hole again.

I just don't get it.

lol ... you are describing exactly what's happening here with the Impact and how I feel ... I've given up for now.

Maybe you can send your rifle to Ernest if you don't want to return it for warranty repair?

Better send it to the seller and request your money back.

Had the same problem with my bobcat 30. Every once in a wail poi shifts. Cause 1. Gun fell over about 3 times from bipod (atless) from the 45 degree position on uneven ground. As a result, it had lossened my scope and I didn't realize. This all happened over the coarse of a year. One day I'm hunting and pic the gun up by the scope (I know I know) as my other hand had chair and shooting sticks, I lift it just enough to balance it under one hand then grab it properly to move to next spot. Well that last time I did that, the scope dang near flew off the rail. Long story short, I don't grab it by the scope no more, as the dovetail rail is to slippery and should be weaver style anyway.
2. Double feed pellets will hit your factory lcd and knock it out of alinement, there tolerances are tight. Opened it up 1/16 all the way around no problem now. 
No longer have anymore poi shifts what so ever now.
we need to be careful about bumping scope on those supper slick dovetail rails, and we need to watch how we lay gun down and off the barrel as fx has very tight tolerances and mishandling the gun will cause shifts. 
Bumpy roads and lose guns don't mix, any gun dovetail or weaver mount, action stock settling, lcd knock off alinement all due to guns bouncing around. Try straping it in the seat belt any thing just as long as no pressure on scope or shroud, each bump/ jostling will move something with time.
remember, these light weight guns are built well, but not like tanks.

Reactions: cubo
I think its overdue for someone to make a threaded barrel to threaded reciever block design. You know......the way they have been making firearms for over a century now. Also, sometimes I wonder if an oring is the best material to use between barrel and shroud towards the muzzle end of the rifle. Orings grip the metal......something like a delrin bushing in its place would glide against the inner wall of the shroud with no friction.......and always return to true zero if the shroud gets bumped. The oring grips and holds the inner shroud when the barrel gets bumped.....Holding both barrel and shroud a froghair from its prebump zero. Thats my theory/opinion.

"Marksman3006"I think its overdue for someone to make a threaded barrel to threaded reciever block design. You know......the way they have been making firearms for over a century now. Also, sometimes I wonder if an oring is the best material to use between barrel and shroud towards the muzzle end of the rifle. Orings grip the metal......something like a delrin bushing in its place would glide against the inner wall of the shroud with no friction.......and always return to true zero if the shroud gets bumped. The oring grips and holds the inner shroud when the barrel gets bumped.....Holding both barrel and shroud a froghair from its prebump zero. Thats my theory/opinion.
That makes a heck of a lot of sense. It would explain my problem entirely. Shroud gets bumped, is held there ... sorta, but over time settles back to original position. So every time I think I'm rezeroing I'm actually zeroing to the disturbed shroud setting and then it goes off again. Or actually back to where it should be. There is hope.

Thanks Marksman3006

Nueces
"Marksman3006"I think its overdue for someone to make a threaded barrel to threaded reciever block design. You know......the way they have been making firearms for over a century now. Also, sometimes I wonder if an oring is the best material to use between barrel and shroud towards the muzzle end of the rifle. Orings grip the metal......something like a delrin bushing in its place would glide against the inner wall of the shroud with no friction.......and always return to true zero if the shroud gets bumped. The oring grips and holds the inner shroud when the barrel gets bumped.....Holding both barrel and shroud a froghair from its prebump zero. Thats my theory/opinion.
That makes a heck of a lot of sense. It would explain my problem entirely. Shroud gets bumped, is held there ... sorta, but over time settles back to original position. So every time I think I'm rezeroing I'm actually zeroing to the disturbed shroud setting and then it goes off again. Or actually back to where it should be. There is hope.

Thanks Marksman3006

Try this next time before rezero......take the end of the muzzle and SLIGHTLY/GENTLY flex it in small continuous circles.....very gentle. Continue making small circles while making them smaller and smaller.....like tracing a circular spiral with closely placed lines. Trace that spiral from the outside down to a fine point if that makes sense. I haven't read this anywhere but recently got into airgunning. Long time powder burner....been reloading since I was a youngster. Hope this helps.

This POI shift on my Impact seems to be resolved 'for now' after the following:

1. Removed picatinny rail and cheek pieces, and tightened all screws on the main plate. Everyone of them was at least quarter turn + loose!! (Loose picatinny screws were tightened a few weeks back too)

2. Replaced the Hawke scope mounts with Sportsmatch ones

3. Removed the FX baffle in the .22 shroud and replaced with end cap from the .25 shroud (a bit louder)

I think loose screws were the main culprit causing POI shift even with the WC air stripper/muzzle and shroud fitted).

As for #3, the baffle in .22 shroud is simply JUNK! Shot two 9 shots 13cm size hole groups (@25m) without it. Then put this back on and the POI shift is back.

And then this inner diameter variance too from factory that FX haven't bothered replying about:

Anyways, this telescopic/extendable shroud system is being replaced with a more stable and quieter fixed shroud with moderator next week. Have had enough of it - too many variables in it to go wrong.