Wildcat MKIII Sniper vs DreamPup, A Quick Bull-Pup PCP Battle

Love your range set-up! And great shooting!

Aww man! My range is easy, simple, and convenient! I can shoot whenever..

Thanks Dingfelder

I know the Wildcat MKIII’s are great guns and a big improvement over the MKII. I didn’t however, know that they were capable of that much energy with some simple modifications. The more and more I hear about the Wildcat MKIII, the more and more I like what I’m seeing. So many great guns available these days!! Thanks again. Great post.

Stoti

Nope. Didn’t take much, turned out pretty good, maybe even great...

You know your airgun is a hell of a airgun when you say these two things to yourself:

1). This one ain’t going anywhere.

2). I really don’t desire anything else now.

My posts are for all you AirgunNation Peoples! 😎

I love the WC, However it’s biggest con is lack of air, especially in this era of .25+ and slugs. The DreamPup-Bottle is a step in the right direction, and fixes my biggest concern with the WC, however the DreamPup just doesn’t have the true bullpup feel and ergonomics of a WC. They need to make a Wildcat Bottle, or stuff an Impact in a wildcat stock for the ultimate bullpup!

Joe it seems shooting those types of groups must get supper boring and I think you need a new project. So..... why don't I just take the Wildcat off your hands and you can move on to something more interesting.
1f609.svg
1f602.svg
1f44d.svg

Mike... man come on.... really?

totally!!! It’s like waking up everyday and eat the same exact thing! Or like being in Groundhog Day. Sell them and get something more interesting. 

Same thing here with my 1720T, it is so accurate I haven’t shot it in weeks! Why? Because every time I shoot it I would put the pellet into the same hole as before so why bother! 😜

I love the WC, However it’s biggest con is lack of air, especially in this era of .25+ and slugs. The DreamPup-Bottle is a step in the right direction, and fixes my biggest concern with the WC, however the DreamPup just doesn’t have the true bullpup feel and ergonomics of a WC. They need to make a Wildcat Bottle, or stuff an Impact in a wildcat stock for the ultimate bullpup!

Thanks for the input madmunki!

totally!!! It’s like waking up everyday and eat the same exact thing! Or like being in Groundhog Day. Sell them and get something more interesting. 

Same thing here with my 1720T, it is so accurate I haven’t shot it in weeks! Why? Because every time I shoot it I would put the pellet into the same hole as before so why bother! 😜

Help me to understand this “ Hamster Wheel Theory”? One should sell their accurate airguns? Because somehow an accurate, well tuned, and good performing airgun is boring? How is that boring? Sell the airgun and get one that is problematic, needs work, and less accurate? That would be more fun? I’ve heard the term “boringly accurate”, but those words never resonated with me.. Last question, so what do you do if the next airgun you sold the first airgun for shoots same hole groups??? Sell it due to boredom??

My theory is the exact opposite.

“Never Get Rid of a Good Gun”.

I have personally tuned and modified these two PCP’s (the DreamPup & MKIII Sniper), and now the accurate shooting IS THE FUN AND INTERESTING PART.

🤷🏽‍♂️

The thing about the wildcat some find appealing is the design, tube instead of bottle. I agree bottles get more shot per fill however personally i like the looks of the tube and am willing to give up a few shots for it. I have my MK3 .25 cal sniper smoking the 25gr kings down range with as joe puts it phenomenal accuracy and still getting 50 shots on reg from a 230 bar fill

30.1603884120.jpg

The thing about the wildcat some find appealing is the design, tube instead of bottle. I agree bottles get more shot per fill however personally i like the looks of the tube and am willing to give up a few shots for it. I have my MK3 .25 cal sniper smoking the 25gr kings down range with as joe puts it phenomenal accuracy and still getting 50 shots on reg from a 230 bar fill

30.1603884120.jpg

Hey Sonny,

With the Wildcat MKIII Sniper .25, I am getting 50 shots on full tilt power #7, and even more on lower power settings #6 through #1. On the DreamPup 45 shots on full tilt, and more on lower settings. I have a 100cu/ft cf bottle, a 75cu/ft cf bottle, and a Omega Air Charger. Shot count is not a problem. Refills take about 60 seconds or less. 100+ shots per fill is awesome, but I suppose I’ll still live.

Joekool, You have both those guns shooting lights out. I want to replicate your mkIII build but it looks like I have the newest revision and from what daniel, dang ol'e winner on youtube says the dl power plenums won't work on this revision, so the wait begins on someone creating one. Been taking squirrels @ 100 plus yards with JSB 25.39's but would really like the extra fpe of the JSB heavies at that kind of range. 

Joekool, You have both those guns shooting lights out. I want to replicate your mkIII build but it looks like I have the newest revision and from what daniel, dang ol'e winner on youtube says the dl power plenums won't work on this revision, so the wait begins on someone creating one. Been taking squirrels @ 100 plus yards with JSB 25.39's but would really like the extra fpe of the JSB heavies at that kind of range.

Don’t know when or if, but I’m sure someone will create something.

I’d keep checking here.

https://910airguntuningandrepairsllc.com/search?q=Wildcat+

Just curious, ignoring the difference in caliber, which of the two do you like more and why? Thx

Wow, good question!

Even with a lot of thought on this. Probably not what you want to hear, but it’s a tie in the performance department. Both do way more than in original stock form. Ergonomically on aim they feel similar. I think the MKIII looks better though.

You see, the .22 caliber DreamPup has a transfer port and a hammer-spring power adjustment. I don’t post much on this because I prefer heavier ammo shooting fast and hard, accurately. Getting the most power from the airgun for hunting or pest elimination. But, in .22 caliber there are a great variety of pellets in different sizes, shapes, and weights. The DreamPup with its 600mm Superior Liner and power adjustability shoots all kinds of weights and makes of ammo well. I have a great deal of fun tuning the power down with a few knob turns shooting anywhere from 14.3 grain Crossman, 16 grain Polymags, 17 grain H&N Sniper magnums, and others. All at 30ft/pounds or below. I use much less air and they are effective and accurate in the DreamPup.

The same is true with the Wildcat MKIII .25 as far as it shooting various ammunition well. Tuning the airgun down, with simplicity. This thing with the 700mm Superior Liner and the power upgrades I have done is stupid good at long range. If you could see my face after some of the shots I’ve made. I’ll shake my head, smile, and say... “Damn, this thing is accurate!” I think it’s called the “Sniper” for good reason.

The cocking lever is more conveniently placed on the Wildcat MKIII, but I have long since gotten used to the DreamPups side-lever placement. No big deal for me.

Both are zero’d at 25 yards. And will shoot flat, with a dead on hold out to 55/60 yards at the speeds that they are tuned. Most of my shots fall in that range. I holdover and rarely dial, that’s why I choose FFP scopes with badass reticles with lots of elevation and windage mil markings. I don’t enjoy holding over more than 2 or 3 mils, and both Bull-pups on their power tunes shoot out to 100 yards with a 2 mil or less holdover. It’s just easier to remember and less confusing. They allow me to set my scopes and leave them alone.

Hard to call a favorite, because they do any and everything I want, and neither had a $2,000+ price tag.

Jealous of the range! They along with the rest of FX guns have the same barrel liners and thanks for FX’s excellent manufacture quality and consistency the real difference between different FX guns are down to price, ergonomics and power. Accuracy with the same liners are basically given which is an unbelievable feat! This is why I’m addicated to FX guns like crack! LOL 

Jealous of the range! They along with the rest of FX guns have the same barrel liners and thanks for FX’s excellent manufacture quality and consistency the real difference between different FX guns are down to price, ergonomics and power. Accuracy with the same liners are basically given which is an unbelievable feat! This is why I’m addicated to FX guns like crack! LOL

Crack? Haha!! I hear you qball, lol... All my FX barrel’s have been pretty good and it’s nice to have somewhere to shoot!

Appreciate it man...