• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wildcat MKIII Sniper .25 - Performance & Accuracy (post-mods)

joekool. Thanks for the footwork. Amazing groups. Since the vary beginning I've been a fan of the Wildcat. In my opinion it's the best gun Fred has ever produced. I'm going to sell my Impacts and the rest of my airguns and just keep a Wildcat in the 3 cal. Wow. Only 3 airguns!. How will it be! Question. Where did you purchase your plenum extensions? Thanks again. Great post. sylvan

I think these groups are fake...Make a persuasive video.

You: Keep thinking this...

Me: Keep enjoying my Wildcat.

You: Bothered.

Me: Happy.

This is what will take place, no matter what you say or think, and that gives me a indescribable joy inside!

joekool. Thanks for the footwork. Amazing groups. Since the vary beginning I've been a fan of the Wildcat. In my opinion it's the best gun Fred has ever produced. I'm going to sell my Impacts and the rest of my airguns and just keep a Wildcat in the 3 cal. Wow. Only 3 airguns!. How will it be! Question. Where did you purchase your plenum extensions? Thanks again. Great post. sylvan

Appreciate it, Sylvan!

I am considering selling my DreamPup .22 and getting a second WC Sniper MKIII in .22 caliber and setting it up exactly like my .25 MKIII. Selling the Impacts?? Idk? The plenums, one is from Pyramydair and one is from Palm Beach Airguns.

Of course the groups are fake, JKool should be able to shoot better than that 😉👀👌

My 50 yd groups are similar, maybe a bit worse if i'm totally honest, but if I have a good day with very calm winds i'll shoot close to the posted Kool groups . But boy do I struggle after 80yd, which must be down to faulty pellets, high winds, moving targets, low light, bad scope and what do I know. I have only one PCP, and the Wildcat makes me look like a real shooter 😉. Rock on Joe, i'll train hard, change my name to CC (cristian cool) once i'm able to post sub moa 100yd groups.

Exellent posts Joe and a pleasure to read and learn from. Where did you get the nice tripple picatinny ring from ? Should fit a compact as well right ?

Found them already >>> You posted nicely about your find 

THanks

Yalel

Thanks,

SMWEngineering from the UK. Shipping is slow to the USA right now with the current global pandemic. Yes, it should fit the Compact MKIII.

Of course the groups are fake, JKool should be able to shoot better than that 
1f609.svg
1f440.svg
1f44c.svg

My 50 yd groups are similar, maybe a bit worse if i'm totally honest, but if I have a good day with very calm winds i'll shoot close to the posted Kool groups . But boy do I struggle after 80yd, which must be down to faulty pellets, high winds, moving targets, low light, bad scope and what do I know. I have only one PCP, and the Wildcat makes me look like a real shooter 
1f609.svg
. Rock on Joe, i'll train hard, change my name to CC (cristian cool) once i'm able to post sub moa 100yd groups.

Easy guys. Atom might have been making a joke.

Hey, I was nice and polite.. I used words like, “happy” and “joy”.

But...

1592247347_685431245ee7c4335b0401.55842226.gif

Thanks Joekool. Loosen the regulatar pressure gauge or the airtube front gauge ? Or both possible ....

1. Remove the stock.

2. Loosen the regulator pressure gauge, and slowly let it de-pressure.

If you de-pressure from the air cylinder side the low pressure or vacuum created from the high pressure de-pressurization will draw your regulator out of position. Pulling it forward toward the muzzle end causing your airgun to leak from the regulator adjustment hole. You could damage the o-rings that way. Better to just use the regulator gauge and slowly let it de-pressure until empty. Use the air cylinder gauge to monitor the pressure you may have to periodically open the regulator gauge up more as the pressure drops.

Watch Ernest’s video minutes 1:45 through 3:45? He’s demonstrating with a Wildcat MK1(which has no regulator gauge), but the de-pressuring procedure is the same.

https://youtu.be/wbykkvrlWd0

Top ! Do you have any clue what slug size will fitt the WC 3 barrel better .2165 diamter or .217 or .218 ?

( currently selecting some Nielsen slugs for testing)

cheers

Yalel

Not a clue.. Maybe try Nick’s .22 slug sample packs. Both .217 & .218 have similar good accuracy in my DreamPup .22 with a 600mm slug liner “A”. No idea what will work in a .22 WC MKIII with the STX Superior liner. You’ve got to test the different weights and diameters to get a definitive answer.

JK --=--

Might you know if the HS adjuster (1-7) can be retrofitted to a Gen I WC?

I believe that you also have a Gen I if I remember correctly?

Thanks!

mike

No sir, the rear of the block is totally different on the MKIII versus the MK1 or MKII. There would be no place to screw the new HS adjuster wheel into on the WC MK1 or MKII block. It is a new block design on the MKIII.