Wildcat MKIII Sniper .25 - Performance & Accuracy (post-mods)

Yes Joe it is clear that it has cosmetic function only. I think I am one of the few that can live with that little gap šŸ˜œ

i will check if I can get a slight bit of material out of the way from that hidden regulator adjustment hole so my hex wrench ( with ball point as per your recommendation) can get in a bit easier ( couldnā€™t manage) . For getting the best balance ( did I say balance...šŸ˜‰) I have to have a bigger plenum and I want it extern. Hence the DL power plenum or the ER external plenum will get a permanent place in my WC3. I do need approximately 90 fps more speed in my current preferred setting so I expect this about to get from the added plenum alternatives. ( individual not coupled together) . I will first check ER solution and if that is not fine with me I will go the powerplenum DL route

I have since installed the 2.5ā€ Wildcat plenum by Ernest Rowe. With no tuning adjustments & just the plenum install, I am reaching the posted 70 FPE. A.M.P. regulator still @ 135bar and on hammer tension wheel level # 7.

1596887537_5620780705f2e91f1abc543.06093811.jpeg

1596887672_2184081295f2e92784e2542.58090303.jpeg

1596887538_19420948495f2e91f23ebb47.72034409.jpeg

1596887720_3826944375f2e92a828d9f8.56972389.jpeg

Oh man, I have to hit 165bar or so to get that power level. Getting that at 135bar is really nice.

Hi Wimpanzee, why donā€™t you install the bigger ( 2.5ā€) plenum in your sniper ? I believe from what I know that the bigger one does really fit the bill to achieve what Joe is having . YourĀ smaller 1.2ā€ plenum extension is the equivalent for the WCĀ Compact . You have a VIP treatment by FX USA anyway so maybe they are willing to exchange the PP šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‰ !

have a good weekend!

Oh man, I have to hit 165bar or so to get that power level. Getting that at 135bar is really nice.

Hi Wimpanzee, why donā€™t you install the bigger ( 2.5ā€) plenum in your sniper ? I believe from what I know that the bigger one does really fit the bill to achieve what Joe is having . YourĀ smaller 1.2ā€ plenum extension is the equivalent for the WCĀ Compact . You have a VIP treatment by FX USA anyway so maybe they are willing to exchange the PP šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‰ !

have a good weekend!

I'm pretty sure FX did more than just the plenum. I've ran it down to 135 bar regulator setting, and I can still only get 2 magazines from 250 bar. When I run at 165bar, I get just as many shots, almost more it seems. I think the hammer or something was changed, and it is now tuned to close the valve properly at a higher regulated pressure.

I'm honestly fine with 32 shots at 61fpe (currently shooting 38gr AVS slugs at 855fps). i have my dreamline for shooting kings pellets...

Hi Wimpanzee, why donā€™t you install the bigger ( 2.5ā€) plenum in your sniper ? I believe from what I know that the bigger one does really fit the bill to achieve what Joe is having . YourĀ smaller 1.2ā€ plenum extension is the equivalent for the WCĀ Compact . You have a VIP treatment by FX USA anyway so maybe they are willing to exchange the PP
1f602.svg
1f609.svg
!

have a good weekend!

I'm pretty sure FX did more than just the plenum. I've ran it down to 135 bar regulator setting, and I can still only get 2 magazines from 250 bar. When I run at 165bar, I get just as many shots, almost more it seems. I think the hammer or something was changed, and it is now tuned to close the valve properly at a higher regulated pressure.

I'm honestly fine with 32 shots at 61fpe (currently shooting 38gr AVS slugs at 855fps). i have my dreamline for shooting kings

pellets...

I do believe that 32 shots is very nice and if your sniper is now doing what you want itĀ to do all is fine ! Every rifle is different but in the end it should perform how you wantĀ it to do when you investĀ that vast amount of money . In case you encounter the 2,5ā€ Ernest Rowe PP you can still give it a try when time comes ...

have a nice day

Yalel

Hey JoeKool...with that 2.5" plenum shooting 33.95s at 960 fps for 70 fpe, what kind of accuracy are you getting? Also, what slugs are working best for you?

Accuracy is superb! I use Nielsen Specialty Ammo, 26.8g, 29.5g and 33.5g. The 33.5 g are my favorite for this gun.

JoeKool quick question did you take the orings off the barrel liner? OrĀ Did you carbon fiber sleeve it. I donā€™t remember you saying.

thanks marco

The o-rings are still on the liner like FX installed from the factory.

Joe