Wildcat MKIII Huma Powered

Hey Bob you can "resize" the hole in the hammer spring adjustment nut so that you can get it out...just use a micro torch to heat up the thin metal at the center where the allen key goes until it is red hot, then use a ball peen hammer to pount the next size allen key in the hole, then once you do that take a few drops of cold water to quench the nut with the allen key in the hole and the metal will shrink tightly to the allen key for a perfect fit. Now that your hammer spring nut has a new size allen key hole you can remove the nut.

Heating the nut up hot enough to do this should have loosened the loctite that was used on the threads...but if not just use your micro torch to heat it up and turn it out with your new size allen key. I have actually resized the hole in the hammer spring nuts in my Wildcat & Streamline. I recommend you order a new one to use as a jam nut against the one in the gun to prevent it from turning itself out from vibration...this is far better than using loctite or Vibra-Tite to keep the nut from moving. The part number is: "11541 Hammer spring adjuster HP".

Best regards,Chuck

p.s.: I recommend you use a dental pick and some Acetone or finger nail polish remover to clean all the burnt loctite residue out of your threads inside the breech and on the nut itself...you wouldn't want a chunk of that crap to get caught up in your trigger sear or valve pin. This whole problem of using such a mickey mouse hammer spring nut is one more example of me loving my FX rifles and yet being exasperated by such "engineering as an afterthought". A ninth grade school boy in his first month of machine shop could come up with a more robust design for a hammer spring nut!

Yes Phil it is exactly the same for both rifles...11541 Hammer Spring Adjuster. I ordered a new one for each of my FX rifles to use as jam nuts against the ones in my guns to prevent my hammer spring tension settings from changing due to vibration. I tried Vibra-Tite and other things but the problem with them is that the threads on that adjuster nut are so razor sharp that they cut right through anything I tried to back fill the threads with... the jam nuts are the only good solution to this engineering muck up.
Best regards, Chuck

I installed a Huma regulator in my bud puertorico's Wildcat. While tuning gun with the supplied test gauge installed I thought it should become permanent to keep up with what's going on behind regulator. Stock modified with a Kaliber gun AGN friends help and tooling. Guess cutting on an FX product intrigues him. What do you guys think? I am following another members lead, Chuck on the Huma modification. So far with limited testing I am pushing the heavies out 13 FPS faster averaged with ten more shots available than the FX regulator. is this on the fx compact
9a25357f1072e75aeb322fc2440f8994.jpg