Wildcat MKIII Dual Magazine Holder Ammo @ The Ready, Side-Saddle...

Hello AirgunNation Peoples,

Added a dual magazine holder to my MKIII WILDCAT. Found it here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373270443733

Ammo can now ride along, obstructs nothing, I’m liking it!

5EE2D71C-B7F0-4C4C-A05F-28487992DA27.1613281155.jpeg

921376E7-2B11-4C29-87A3-1088EC50A27A.1613281177.jpeg

9A4E97DF-CC05-4F0A-9634-0D6C1F139470.1613524638.jpeg

DD448F6A-10D8-4B7A-888E-766C2F106BA2.1613281237.jpeg

898F7D20-2BC9-49A0-A9A1-679F59C9610B.1613281254.jpeg

25FB84E0-C5DE-46D3-9C51-7FDD62B86996.1613281279.jpeg

5F235F3A-FFB9-416E-92CC-071770854D01.1613293480.jpeg

✌🏽 JK

Really super cool and looks like it belongs. I like it a lot!

Stoti

Had to stare at it awhile for my eyes to get used to the new look, but you’re right it kind of looks natural on there. It grew on me.

Thanks Stoti!

How does it affect the balance or cantor of the rifle hanging that weight off of the left hand side? Like you, I keep one mag for slugs and one for pellets like you pictured.

Thanks

Brad

Well, the dual magazine holder and the empty FX Wildcat/Crown/Dreamline magazines themselves weigh next to nothing (polymer). The only weight if you can even call it that is the lead ammo, which is for the most part unnoticeable. It won’t tip the Wildcat over or anything. The mag holder is tucked in considerably close and it doesn’t seem to affect the balance in a detectible way in use. If the airgun is shaken side-to-side violently you can hear the loaded ammo moving but normal raising to aim and carrying isn’t a problem. Yessir Brad, the magazines are loaded with her favorites! JSB King Heavy 33.95g and NSA 33.5g. Two bolts take it on and off easily, hadn’t taken it off since installation and no plans to.

I bought one of these when he first came out with them and they have simply been perfect. I actually like the look on my Wildcat MK III Sniper. They have no effect whatsoever on the handling or balance of the gun and it is really great to have two extra full mags, along with the one in the gun, always at the ready.

The installation is dead easy. Very happy with it.

Chris

I bought one of these when he first came out with them and they have simply been perfect. I actually like the look on my Wildcat MK III Sniper. They have no effect whatsoever on the handling or balance of the gun and it is really great to have two extra full mags, along with the one in the gun, always at the ready.

Chris

Yep nice! Now both my WC MKII & MKIII have ammo on board.

Chris

Yep nice! Now both my WC MKII & MKIII have ammo on board.

JoeKool, After seeing the barrel band/pic rail on your Wildcat I also got one of those from the UK. Loving it too!

I was looking at adding one too. But I have a 4 1/2“ scope wheel and I wasn’t sure if it would clear the cocking lever on the other side. So I cary my spare mag in a 150 tin in my coat pocket. Funny, I thought I was the only one to have 33.5 NSA slugs in 1 mag and JSB 33.95s in the other. Zero at 50 both shoot into the same group. Only diff is the slugs leave a cleaner hole punch. 

I was looking at adding one too. But I have a 4 1/2“ scope wheel and I wasn’t sure if it would clear the cocking lever on the other side. So I cary my spare mag in a 150 tin in my coat pocket. Funny, I thought I was the only one to have 33.5 NSA slugs in 1 mag and JSB 33.95s in the other. Zero at 50 both shoot into the same group. Only diff is the slugs leave a cleaner hole punch.

Just noticed you got it from GB Mi. That’s only 20 min from me.

It could ride on the cocking lever side. Forward of the side-lever, maybe 🤔 . May as well get one, inexpensive piece.

Yup, those standard superior liners will almost shoot anything “for me”! Mine is zero’d @ 25yrds, don’t have to adjust the scope for either slug or pellet to hit the same spot out to 50yrds and beyond. Hardest part is deciding whether I want to use the slug or pellet magazine to put something down... Either works.

JK

I have a general question on the MK3 sniper.. It seems like if you want to shoot slugs over 920 fps (by viewing reports here and on YouTube) that the larger plenum is a requirement. Is that true?

I have the 25 cal inbound that I located at Penchetta - one of the only places I could find one. I would like to launch slugs with my gun. So I am anticipating that I will need the larger plenum and am currently looking at the Huma option since I could not find any other options available. Huma has the plenum inside the air tube as opposed to the extension. I would prefer the extension of the air tube to include the plenum so I would consider any other alternatives.

Thanks for the tip on the mag holders. Just ordered one.

I have a general question on the MK3 sniper.. It seems like if you want to shoot slugs over 920 fps (by viewing reports here and on YouTube) that the larger plenum is a requirement. Is that true?

I have the 25 cal inbound that I located at Penchetta - one of the only places I could find one. I would like to launch slugs with my gun. So I am anticipating that I will need the larger plenum and am currently looking at the Huma option since I could not find any other options available. Huma has the plenum inside the air tube as opposed to the extension. I would prefer the extension of the air tube to include the plenum so I would consider any other alternatives.

Thanks for the tip on the mag holders. Just ordered one.

The Wildcat MKIII Sniper is very capable of shooting slugs without the addition of a power plenum see this YouTube video from Air-Hunter Gerhard:

https://youtu.be/tfQgOjqhDjM

If the MKIII is tuned for accuracy with a particular weight slug ammunition it certainly can and will be able to perform the task.

But, what a larger plenum and proper tuning will do for the airgun is increase the WC MKIII’s ability to shoot lighter slugs and heavier slugs faster. For example, with no plenum and the correct tuning the fastest I was able to shoot a 33.5 grain slug was maybe 910 -920 FPS for about 63 FT. / LBS. this was great, usable, accurate, and effective. After the addition of the plenum and tuning my MKIII will push those same 33.5 grain slugs 975 FPS for 70 FT. / LBS. On top of that with the Sniper’s adjustable hammer spring tension wheel, it can be dialed back down easily to several repeatable lower speeds if desired.

Don’t know why the MKIII power plenum extensions where taken off the market ( it’s stupid). The Dreamline plenum is still there?? Anyway...

The alternative currently is the XL Plenum Extension Huma-air produces. Which would work in the same way, but as you mentioned would decrease the high pressure reservoir volume in the Wildcat’s air-cylinder. You would also lose the ability to externally adjust the Huma-air regulator versus the FX AMP regulator. One would have to remove the air-cylinder and the Huma-air regulator to make adjustments each time. But, I have had FX’s with Huma-air regulators for years and I personally love the regulators they always have worked perfectly for me.

As a matter of fact look at this thread from the other day I posted? I compared my Huma-air XL power plenum’d Wildcat MKII to the Wildcat MKIII both in .25 caliber.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/25-fx-wildcats-mk-two-and-three-power-plenums-superior-stxs-light-slugs/?referrer=1

Like I tell anyone who asks me, you can shoot any airgun as is straight out-of-the-box or you can spend a little more, tinker and tune a little more, and make them do a little more. Your choice...

Just research on the correct ways to do these modifications and don’t muck up your airgun?!

Magazine holders are working out great! They kind of remind me of something. 👇🏽

HOO! HOO!

2BF54B7A-FFBC-4A6E-B650-A5C4C1B706B2.1613603525.gif

JK

Don’t know why the MKIII power plenum extensions where taken off the market ( it’s stupid). The Dreamline plenum is still there?? Anyway…

I read that they were taken off because FX changed some way that that area was manufactured shortly after the initial release of the MK3. So maybe only a small batch of guns would fit with that aftermarket part. Not sure but I heard it on the internet 😁 So I also read that a new version was potentially incoming too. Maybe I will wait it out and get what I want because I do want to push those over 920 without having to reach for the stars.

Thanks 👌

Don’t know why the MKIII power plenum extensions where taken off the market ( it’s stupid). The Dreamline plenum is still there?? Anyway…

I read that they were taken off because FX changed some way that that area was manufactured shortly after the initial release of the MK3. So maybe only a small batch of guns would fit with that aftermarket part. Not sure but I heard it on the internet 
1f601.svg
So I also read that a new version was potentially incoming too. Maybe I will wait it out and get what I want because I do want to push those over 920 without having to reach for the stars.

Thanks 
1f44c.svg

That about sums it up. I like the modularity of FXairguns products, keeps it interesting for me. My Wildcat MKIII is a gem of a airgun and performs when I need it to with pellets or slugs.

Great time to be a airgunner Sasquatch!

JK

Really super cool and looks like it belongs. I like it a lot!

Stoti

Had to stare at it awhile for my eyes to get used to the new look, but you’re right it kind of looks natural on there. It grew on me.

Thanks Stoti!

How does it affect the balance or cantor of the rifle hanging that weight off of the left hand side? Like you, I keep one mag for slugs and one for pellets like you pictured.

Thanks

Brad

Well, the dual magazine holder and the empty FX Wildcat/Crown/Dreamline magazines themselves weigh next to nothing (polymer). The only weight if you can even call it that is the lead ammo, which is for the most part unnoticeable. It won’t tip the Wildcat over or anything. The mag holder is tucked in considerably close and it doesn’t seem to affect the balance in a detectible way in use. If the airgun is shaken side-to-side violently you can hear the loaded ammo moving but normal raising to aim and carrying isn’t a problem. Yessir Brad, the magazines are loaded with her favorites! JSB King Heavy 33.95g and NSA 33.5g. Two bolts take it on and off easily, hadn’t taken it off since installation and no plans to.

Hey Joe where did you get that barrel band? Its a very nice set up.