Wildcat MKI vs Wildcat MKII new Matt Dubber video

I think these manufacturers have a lot of nerve. You buy a 1500 $2,000 gun. it ought to hit a 1 inch circle at a hundred yards without sending back and paying 200 $300 for tuning. It ought to be sent back and get your money back. we should not buy their damn guns unless they could show us a hundred yards Target with 1 inch groups shot by the gun you're buying!

"Keyman62421"I think these manufacturers have a lot of nerve. You buy a 1500 $2,000 gun. it ought to hit a 1 inch circle at a hundred yards without sending back and paying 200 $300 for tuning. It ought to be sent back and get your money back. we should not buy their damn guns unless they could show us a hundred yards Target with 1 inch groups shot by the gun you're buying!
FX should do better than just a 1 year warranty as well.

"hawkeye69"
"Keyman62421"I think these manufacturers have a lot of nerve. You buy a 1500 $2,000 gun. it ought to hit a 1 inch circle at a hundred yards without sending back and paying 200 $300 for tuning. It ought to be sent back and get your money back. we should not buy their damn guns unless they could show us a hundred yards Target with 1 inch groups shot by the gun you're buying!
FX should do better than just a 1 year warranty as well.
this xxxxx2

As long as buyers keep buying, the manufacturers will keep selling just like they have. Right now, FX is riding high, but time will even things out.

And it would be nice if they offered the upgraded parts to the ones that got the older stuff. Also would be nice if FX USA accepted Pay Pal, which they do not.Hi Frank,
I'm very sorry to hear about your disappointment! I hope we can fix that for you. 
I suggest talking with our head tech, Ernest Rowe, and explain what's going on with your gun. He might have some tips to help. His number is: 910-239-8950 We can certainly send you those parts as well. When did you purchase your gun? Unfortunately we don't use paypal. If you respond with your phone number, I can give you a call to discuss the payment.I'll send a quote shortly.
Best Regards, Jessica ElvegaardCustomer Service Director3024 Hall Watters Dr Ste. #106Wilmington NC 28405Main: 866 639 0772Direct: 910 408 3455 
Inbox

FX Airguns are good yes, but they aren't flawless. We saw that with the horrible QC control when the impacts were launched. If you pay 2.000 dollars for your gun, i would be expecting that it will arrive flawless and work perfectly. One of the main reasons FX has sold so many airguns, if they marketed their products really well using popular hunting channels like Ted and Matt using their guns only. 

If you remember FX paid the trip to Patagonia where Matt hunted with his Impact. What if Matt used his Daystate instead? do you think FX would be happy with that. of course not. I'm highly convinced. they are both slightly biased towards FX, when the Impact had problems none of them spoke a word about it. I wouldn't be suprrised if FX gave them money to review (almost) only FX guns.

In my opinion, most of the Airgun enthousiasts here are just regular shooters, hunt here and there, plinking and some recreational shooting. So ask yourself this question, is it really necessary dropping 2.000 dollars on a airgun (excluding tank, scope, etc.) to just hit something? if you are a competition shooter, that's another case of course. I feel like some people just went on the FX hype train, and bought guns without even using them so much. Matt has almost 4? FX guns when does he uses all of them? he mainly uses his Impact, and his Wildcat, Crown sits here doing nothing.

What i am trying to say is, there are guns out there that are cheaper and deliver (ALMOST) the same performance as an FX but cheaper. Si from VerminhuntersTV uses a Brocock Compatto target in .177 sub 12 and what he can achieve with that gun is unbelievable, im highly convinced SI Pittaway is much better than Matt or Ted combined. Excellent marksmanship with a gun that costs 950 dollars, and he uses just a normal SFP Hawke airmax on top of it. 

For the people that will come with the argument:'' Yes, but why does FX win every Benchrest competition in Arizona every year'' i already explained, If you are a competition shooter that's another story, im talking about the normal recreational shooters here. 

To me FX is just Apple but in the airgun industry. 

I rather support Ed from Russia than FX, thats why i have bought a Edgun R5M.

Just my 2 cents.

"efem09"FX Airguns are good yes, but they aren't flawless. We saw that with the horrible QC control when the impacts were launched. If you pay 2.000 dollars for your gun, i would be expecting that it will arrive flawless and work perfectly. One of the main reasons FX has sold so many airguns, if they marketed their products really well using popular hunting channels like Ted and Matt using their guns only. 
If you remember FX paid the trip to Patagonia where Matt hunted with his Impact. What if Matt used his Daystate instead? do you think FX would be happy with that. of course not. I'm highly convinced. they are both slightly biased towards FX, when the Impact had problems none of them spoke a word about it. I wouldn't be suprrised if FX gave them money to review (almost) only FX guns.
In my opinion, most of the Airgun enthousiasts here are just regular shooters, hunt here and there, plinking and some recreational shooting. So ask yourself this question, is it really necessary dropping 2.000 dollars on a airgun (excluding tank, scope, etc.) to just hit something? if you are a competition shooter, that's another case of course. I feel like some people just went on the FX hype train, and bought guns without even using them so much. Matt has almost 4? FX guns when does he uses all of them? he mainly uses his Impact, and his Wildcat, Crown sits here doing nothing.
What i am trying to say is, there are guns out there that are cheaper and deliver (ALMOST) the same performance as an FX but cheaper. Si from VerminhuntersTV uses a Brocock Compatto target in .177 sub 12 and what he can achieve with that gun is unbelievable, im highly convinced SI Pittaway is much better than Matt or Ted combined. Excellent marksmanship with a gun that costs 950 dollars, and he uses just a normal SFP Hawke airmax on top of it. 
For the people that will come with the argument:'' Yes, but why does FX win every Benchrest competition in Arizona every year'' i already explained, If you are a competition shooter that's another story, im talking about the normal recreational shooters here. 
To me FX is just Apple but in the airgun industry. 
I rather support Ed from Russia than FX, thats why i have bought a Edgun R5M.
Just my 2 cents.
You make some great points, FX is a business and it's smart business to put your guns in the hands of capable shooters on Youtube. That could be a big part of the hype and agreed knowing AOA is an FX dealer it's no surprise that many FX guns won extreme benchrest. I definitely don't think they're flawless but in the Impact example like anything that's so different once it gets in the hands of all different types of users issues will come up. It's hard to anticipate everything in all situations, but I don't want to make excuses for them. I don't see them doing things that Apple does however, not control issues and gouging for ever part. FX parts are very reasonable and good tech support from what I've seen, they give out Ernest's phone number online! All this said we only just recently got the Edgun here in Canada but only the Leshiy so far, I've heard word that maybe we will get one specified for Canadian rules but who knows. I'd love to support Ed too, his innovation and build quality are amazing from what I've seen/read. I think Matt and Ted are genuine lovers of the company though, you see Matt's face when he opens up a new gun or shoots it the first time you can see it's real, getting offered a trip to go test out a new gun who wouldn't love that?

I only have one PCP and it is an FX and I love it to death, deadly accurate, easily adjustable, fun and easy to tinker with. Parts are available and very reasonably priced, I put together the parts and made it dual caliber from factory parts. I am a fan but like any company they make and made mistakes but I don't see them being as bad as Apple.

Si Pittaway is probably the best shot on YT and Davy is no slouch either totally agree, have you ever seen him shooting that sub 12/ftlb .25 springer? The trajectory of that must be so loopy and I've seen Vermin Hunters pull off some amazing shots time and time again. I love all makes and would like to own one of each of the big names at some point and the Compatto looks great.

I understand, but you have to understand that FX has designers and a full team working on the guns. Ed is just 1 guy, i mean how impressive is it that a normal guy from Russia, develops a PCP that sells around the world. Accuracy wise the FX is better but keep in mind Ed developed all the guns on his own. 

For me it's Edgun over FX but everyone can decide for themselfs.

"efem09"I understand, but you have to understand that FX has designers and a full team working on the guns. Ed is just 1 guy, i mean how impressive is it that a normal guy from Russia, develops a PCP that sells around the world. Accuracy wise the FX is better but keep in mind Ed developed all the guns on his own. 
Ed may have designed his own, but FX is on the bleeding edge of airgun technology. I don't like the bleeding edge, but will very willingly be one release back. That makes the standard FX Smooth Twist more my speed. Like you said, every must decide for themselves.

"efem09"I understand, but you have to understand that FX has designers and a full team working on the guns. Ed is just 1 guy, i mean how impressive is it that a normal guy from Russia, develops a PCP that sells around the world. Accuracy wise the FX is better but keep in mind Ed developed all the guns on his own. 
I am soooooo glad I got an Edgun Lelya 2.0 over a Wildcat! Third time out with it and I have all these groups with it. They are at 50 yards, straight from the tin, 10-shot group, 3-5mph wind. Many close to MOA. (.53" was my best 10 shot goup). From a 23" gun and 14 inch barrel at 31 fpe! Crazy! 
1526956333_949753415b03812da88368.97975693_20180521_115053.jpg

The regulator is spot on. No need to put a Huma in mine!

No doubt some valid points on both sides here. 

I believe it was mentioned "testing/ shooting" before buying. Most of us have no local retailer or local shooters to let us shoot before we decide on an investment. Therefore, lots of us have to rely on the experience and shooting of others. Yes, MATT has been a supporter of FX and has been shooting them for years. Even disclosed that FX bought him that Sony camera and has been footing the bill for his travels. - Great way to spend advertisement dollars if you ask me. Instead of actors and commercials, billboards, internet ads, etc. They put the money into a seemingly genuine person that uses their product and interacts with the general public as well as other hunters. As a business owner, I would love it if I had some customers so loyal. 

We travel and do other things. I can honestly say that we have been sponsored by a few companies, individuals and events in the past and currently for some of the things that we do,. Just being an enjoyable, understanding, easy going, and grateful person really has its perks sometimes. Life is too short for all the negativity. 

No lie- before I saw anyone shooting an IMPACT, I wanted it. Saw it before it was released at IWA? or similar. - I'm a very competent individual and was actually designing a couple custom takedowns for powder burners and wanted to carry over similar ideas to the PCP area. When I saw that a great company had already took what I was drawing out - Bullpup, takedown, multi caliber, possible AR styling for accessories, I was ecstatic. When it comes to certain things, I'm an early adopter. Others, I go after the second iteration. Especially on a production item. The IMPACT "X" is that and thus why I invested in it. - 

Now, Waiting for the arrow kit, 700 barrel kit, and a second bottle. 

As for ED - I've been following him since as far back as I can remember,. My posts can be found on the net as proof as such. Even purchased one from Tony when he was only the Importer before the establishment of EdGun West. Complications and I decided I better just return before receiving,.. Long ago, ED showed a video of a full auto setup for pellets he had in the works. Nothing ever came of it. He is not just one guy doing al the work there. DOnt be fooled by the hype. Most of the design etc. But listen to him talk. He claims all the time that "we" have made this change, and speaks to the effect that there is more than just him,. He does not own a factory or machine shop that does all the parts, stocks, etc. everything is outsourced. Not a bad thing, just facts. - Some other points here.= He has an innovative gauge lately. I haven't really seen any major leaps and bounds of tech advancements coming from him. Just quality hunting pneumatics. Those aren't his barrels. I seriously doubt he is still assembling anything himself too. If you watch some of his latest videos on the R5M, you will see that it is apparent his involvement is less than people believe. (its not only him) - Innovation. I still like the Leshiy - Wonder if ted ever got the gold one in 22!?

I had considered AirForce for the longest time. Not a fan of the bottle stocks. 

Hard not to win EBR when 80% of the unsponsored entrants have bought into FX through Matt and Ted etc and arrive to compete with them.
Same goes with groups posted - Of the 'alpha' PCPs in the US they have biggest market share and so have the highest number of people shooting with they best chance of good shooters shooting good groups.
They are truly excellent guns, but not necessarily the ultimate guns for all people. Those guys shooting EBR win because of their abilities, particularly in wind.
Edgun, Daystates, RAWs etc Agreed all as inherently accurate in the right hands. Look at Alvaro Lopez Wolverine R review and Giles Red Wolf review, amongst others- just as impressive as anything Matt and others have posted with their Crowns etc. Tom's Airwolf vs Crown video also said a lot, comparing a 9 year old design with the latest and greatest.

All of them are tunable, just usually with a bit more effort. It is nice to be able to externally adjust, but for some more than others and once set up right, they're usually right for a long time. Let's face it, there are more than a few people who have bought 2 impacts or crowns for different calibers and pellets rather than continuously adjust them.

In this segment of the market it's personal preference. Find the gun among them that is most comfortable and enjoyable to shoot, with the trigger you like the most etc. Who cares if it's STX, LW or CZ? Short of getting a QC lemon, it'll be very hard to see any genuine accuracy difference or to be disappointed.

Matt here, just reading the comments and would like to clear some stuff up.

Firstly, I have used the same Impact for two years. I have one of the early models and have never had problems with it, aside from a leak at the regulator which was fixed by taking out the o-rings and cleaning the dust off them. I have just received a new Impact X which I will be setting up to shoot heavy slugs at 175 Bar, but the Impact you see in all my videos is the original one.

Secondly, the FX products I get are not “specially selected”. In fact, when I have asked for specific things like barrels etc. while at the FX factory, Fredrik just grabs a random one off the shelf and hands it to me. 

Third, to clear up the issue on faulty Impacts - I can’t talk from experience because mine has been perfect, but I know there was a stage where FX received spring washers that were not as strong as they were supposed to be, and this caused leaky regs that climbed in pressure. That was fixed as soon as they found the source of the problem. The new Impact Xs have bigger regs with stronger spring washers - they are indestructable. My Impact was one of the early ones that had good spring washers.

Fourth, I agree that FX’s huge presence at EBR made their wins more likely. But I sat next to some incredibly good shooters using RAWs, Daystates, you name it... They could not keep up, and I attribute this partly to the slow twist rate of the ST and STX barrels (less aerodynamic jump, magnus forces and therefore less flyers at long range) but also due to the cycling speed, mag capacity and high shot count. If you’re telling me that I came 2nd in EBR and 1st in speed Silo with a time of 22 seconds with a bad gun, you clearly don’t know what you are talking about. I am not THAT good!

Lastly, I was going to use the Impact in Patagonia whether FX paid for my flights or not. I could have asked any major Airgun manufacturer to sponsor me and they would have done it, but I approached FX. The Impact is the gun I am most comfortable with and the gun that best suits my slyle of hunting. If I was going to use another gun, it would have been the AAA Slayer, which I believe is one of the best PCPs out there.

Claudio had just received a Daystate Renegade HP at the time, and I told him he was free to use whatever gun he wanted - He never picked the Renegade up once. Not because it’s a bad gun, but because it was not suited to the difficult hunting conditions out there. I don’t regret using the Impact one bit, although I would have liked to use one of the slug barrels - The wind was a killer!

I am at the point in my YouTube career where I have had manufacturers phoning me and offering large sums of money to “join there side”, but I believe I have to be happy first and foremost, and I am certainly not going to sell out for something I am not happy with. You should know that MANY of the manufacturers you’ve mentioned above were at the FX booth last year begging FX to sell them barrels. I have also heard from the mouth of one of the owners of one of FX’s biggest rivals that the ST and STX barrels are better for competition shooting because they give less flyers, according to their own testing!

Hope that answers some questions.

Reactions: Glem.Chally