• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat mk3 sniper slug results

Hi all,
Finally got time to tune my wc for 23g NSA slugs. I tried the huma reg at 100bar 1st then at 115. After much trial and error I was able to get repeatable m.o.a.ish results with a 115 reg at 50 & 75 yds. It likes .216 & .2165 at 950 fps, allbeit it cracks quite loudly, kinda unexpected. From my research I was expecting it to be quieter(I. e. a calm and relaxed gun will shoot the best)...Not in my findings. This gun also shoots jsb 18s great at 970 on a 100bar reg with a louder noise.
Also, the bc of the NSA slugs from 0-75 yds is .0675 according to aoa's calculator....Slightly off the advertised .085.
So, what do y'all think? Room for improvement? Should I make some further tweaks or try something else

IMG_20230907_120417.jpg

Not familiar with WC's but just curious here, did you try doing your own personal BC yet? Also how consistent are these, I hear a lot of the slug guru's always saying accuracy isn't everything with slugs. I have also heard Rolef "or however you spell his name" from Airtac hunting say that a higher reg pressure results in a quieter shooting gun, (if the noise is of concern).

Not familiar with WC's but just curious here, did you try doing your own personal BC yet? Also how consistent are these, I hear a lot of the slug guru's always saying accuracy isn't everything with slugs. I have also heard Rolef "or however you spell his name" from Airtac hunting say that a higher reg pressure results in a quieter shooting gun, (if the noise is of concern).
I did a simple test getting avg muzzle speed than speed at 75 yards moving the same chronyout there. I know bc values can likely vary but i think my test should get me close. Of course I may know better after I measure drop at long range. True, accuracy isn't everything unless it's at the range(s) you're shooting. I'm gunna jump out on a limb and say stability is necessary but accuracy is still more important. You can have a stable yet inaccurate slug.
Thanks for the reply and the Rolef higher reg tip!

Reactions: TC724
I did a simple test getting avg muzzle speed than speed at 75 yards moving the same chronyout there. I know bc values can likely vary but i think my test should get me close. Of course I may know better after I measure drop at long range. True, accuracy isn't everything unless it's at the range(s) you're shooting. I'm gunna jump out on a limb and say stability is necessary but accuracy is still more important. You can have a stable yet inaccurate slug.
Thanks for the reply and the Rolef higher reg tip!
Hey no problem! And I agree as well