Tuning Wildcat mk3 regulator issue?

I bought a used Mk3 with the reg set at 150 bar. I mainly shoot 18.1's and it would shoot 1,000fps on 7 and around 920 on 1 (and the power wheel was obviously working). But I could barely get two 18 shot clips between fills. Should have left well enough alone but called FX a month or two ago and they said I could go down to 110bar and start with 3.5 on the hammer spring. I'm not a tinkerer but watching the videos I thought I could pull this off.

Finally got around to messing with it and lowered the reg pressure, dry firing each quarter turn, down to about 110 or so. Before messing with the hammer spring (and I haven't pulled it to see where it is at) I shot a string to see what the fps changed to. I shot at pwr 1 and it was 925-930. I moved it to 4 and it was 925-930. I moved it to 7 ... and it was 925-930. So 1) did I screw up the regulator by not dry firing enough on lowering it or 2) am I on some kind of 'plateau' and I only need to screw in the HS to get 'on the knee' or 3) is the reg pressure still too high since changing the power wheel doesn't increase/decrease the speed?

Appreciate any thoughts. Argggh!

I’ll take a stab at this.

im guessing u have to much hammer even at ur lowest setting. That would explain why the velocity isn’t increasing with more hammer.

I haven’t ever messed with a mildcat, but I’m guessing u have a hammer spring screw. I would set the hammer wheel to max and start backing that off that screw till u see velocity start dropping.