• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wildcat MK3 regulator info needed

I have a new Wildcat MK3 with the brass regulator. (same as Maverick) I want to remove the section with the regulator and replace it with a huma reg. The dreamline and the wildcat have the same outside diameter air tube, but I don’t know if the dreamline reg would work.

Which regulator do I need?

What else might I consider while doing this? (If I go down this rabbit hole). LOL.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan

I currently have the tube version. I put in the power Plenum, then I had to add a barrel extension and I did not like that. So I took that out. And while I was working on it I was thinking what if I added another regulator above the existing one. Then it would have a dual regulator. Would it make a difference? I don’t know, but I think about experimenting.

Maybe someones tried it I didn’t find anything in the search menu.

Dan

Yeah you wouldn’t want to dual reg the tube version unless you want to refill a ton. I’ve never owned a dual reg gun but I’m not convinced it’s that necessary. I’ve owned several regulated guns and they were pretty darn consistent. Maybe the dual regs help with that first shot after the gun sits slight variation?? They also introduce more parts, orings and maintenance. However, with all that said I really like the Maverick and wildcat mk3 BT. Lol.

Reactions: ibboone
Dual regs seem to work wonders on lower power setups. For most of us, we push our Airguns to the limits of their power output, and the dual Regs become more of a nuisance than a help. Refresh rates suffer, space suffers, capacity suffers. There’s a reason fx sent back to single reg on the pathera, and it’s deviations are still very tight.
there will be irreparable damage to the tube by adding a second reg. As Augie said, you would need to drill a vent hole for the extra reg, and then there’s no going back to a single reg setup. There also loss of capacity on top of that. All for what? It’s not going to increase power. the plenum you removed is the only way to do that.
my advice is against it.

Reactions: ibboone
Good move just leaving it alone. If you would’ve stacked regs now you’re eating up air volume upstream and shot count will lower, not to mention having to possible drill out your air tube to vent that second reg.

What was it you were trying to accomplish with your thought pattern? Big power? High shot count? Just curious.
Just curious and like to experiment.

Dual regs seem to work wonders on lower power setups. For most of us, we push our Airguns to the limits of their power output, and the dual Regs become more of a nuisance than a help. Refresh rates suffer, space suffers, capacity suffers. There’s a reason fx sent back to single reg on the pathera, and it’s deviations are still very tight.
there will be irreparable damage to the tube by adding a second reg. As Augie said, you would need to drill a vent hole for the extra reg, and then there’s no going back to a single reg setup. There also loss of capacity on top of that. All for what? It’s not going to increase power. the plenum you removed is the only way to do that.
my advice is against it.
I definitely don’t want to be drilling any holes in air tube. Like you said it would be no going back then. It would be even more costly.

Reactions: madeintheuk
Now that I know you have the original MK3, I can speak to the Huma reg. I replaced the AMP with the Huma only because I received it as part of the deal when I bought it used on AGN. The advantage I discovered was I gained 1/2" More plenum space over the AMP, having to make a longer spacer to align the vent hole. I did loose the "on the fly" adjustability of the AMP but after making my adjustments with the AMP I set the Huma once and left it alone. I then added the Power Plenum and again had to make a longer spacer to gain the extra 1/2" of volume. Both the AMP and Huma have their advantages.

Patrick