• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wildcat MK3 reg adjustment location - manual not matching

Hi all, I’m new to air rifles and this site. Thanks for having me. I pulled the stock off per the instructions and there is no adjustment as shown in the manual. Looking online it says the brass adjustment on the exterior is the reg adjustment. Maybe its a recent upgrade? There is also the screw circled in yellow in the attached pics but I’m pretty sure that’s not it. Can some one confirm I’m moving the correct screw before I mess something up?
I’m using the tune guide on “dang ole winners “ you tube Chanel to get my 33g jsbs tuned. I adjusted my hammerspring to max so I would not cock and then ran it in a full 3 turns. My speeds are flat 835-840 on setting 4 and 5. 7. So, I’m looking to increase my reg to 125 ish from 100 (!terrible gauge) to get my reg , hammerspring and speed all in harmony. Thanks for any help. I look forward Being a part of the community.
EDAC0E21-0D79-43E4-AA30-4C43DEC99444.png

5B81DDBA-EB86-423B-977E-4ECA01E62C67.jpeg

4473D038-CA42-49CB-8DD0-AB3F7FA4A882.jpeg

Last edited:
Solution
DO NOT back your reg screws out past flush with the reg body. You'll be replacing PITA o-rings on the reg screw.

BTW... please proof read your posts before posting them. You have so many typos it's sometimes hard to understand your meaning.
Copy that. Got my glasses on now.
How would I know it was backed out to far and damaged the oring? Is it a performance issue ( 500 fps ) or a full blown leak? I’m not hearing anything obvious. I plan to degas and start From the top with the masterclass tune video.
Thanks.
ID,
You're correct, the visible brass adjustment fitting is an upgrade. My older MK3 Wildcat (Serial # 01040**) has adjustment under the stock, as shown in the manual. As I understand FX wanted to provide easier non-stock removal access for regulator adjustment. You can always contact FX-USA to verify, but this matter was addressed not long ago when one of our members, Grumpy, (I think) raised the same question. Do an archive check on "Wildcat Regulator adjustment" to try and find thread. Best of Luck, WM

ID,
Markc66 posted about this upgrade in January. Search "Wildcat Regulator" in archives, you'll see it. I've not a tuning kind of guy, had to return my Wildcat to FX-USA for warranty work and told them to tune for JSB 44.75 grain, returned shooting perfectly. Looks like there's lots of Wildcat tuning threads you'll see in the archives, I'd start there. For your information, I worked with an English neoprene bottle cover maker, from eBay, to design a cover for the Wildcat air tube. Easy on/off design protects tube from scratches. Think he still sells them, might even search my postings on them in the archives. WM

The Wildcat MKIII is a dual regulated gun. There is a regulator as shown in your manual under the picatinny rail just behind the bottle. There is another on the plenum.
The Wildcat MKIII is just aMaverick with a different stock or vice versa depending on your perspective. I you go to the search bar on this forum and put AEAC Maverick tune there is a comprehensive guid to tuning it. You need to adjust both regulators and have the first reg around 30 bar higher than the second one. The process is relatively simple but would be much better to watch the video than have me try to explain it in detail.

DO NOT back your reg screws out past flush with the reg body. You'll be replacing PITA o-rings on the reg screw.

BTW... please proof read your posts before posting them. You have so many typos it's sometimes hard to understand your meaning.
Copy that. Got my glasses on now.
How would I know it was backed out to far and damaged the oring? Is it a performance issue ( 500 fps ) or a full blown leak? I’m not hearing anything obvious. I plan to degas and start From the top with the masterclass tune video.
Thanks.

Solution
As stated, don't go past FLUSH with the body of the reg. If you go too far and damage the o-ring, you'll know it by the air leaking rapidly from the reg.
I did it when I first got my WC and FX sent three o-rings under warranty. They are a PITA to get off and back on the reg screw. So, if you can avoid it, you'll bee happier. :rolleyes:
BTW, the damage happens when there is pressure on the reg. If you degass, you can take the screw all the way out.

In your picture of the brass regulator, that is the second stage regulator. Mine is under the stock. The first stage regulator is in the picture from the manual that you posted and that looks like it's a picture of a Maverick. Same gun under the stock. Again that first stage regulator is under the stock of the WC, also.

This video explains working with the dual regulators. He's working on a Maverick, but it's the same gun. You just need to take your stock off.

Reactions: Id450