• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Wildcat MK3 & FX No Limit Rings

I've tried every combination and orientation for these rings and every time the rifle shoots far left. I've also swapped scopes as a test, but for reference I'm using an Element Helix. I need to adjust the windage with the reticle pretty far from center, not what I want to do. Is there a way to adjust the rail on the Wildcat so its co-planer with the barrel? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's what I've been doing... Centered the horizontal and vertical of the scope, mount it, adjust to be perpendicular to the horizon with a plumb line, test shoot and adjust. I can keep the elevation where I want it, near optical center, using the ring adjustments. However, swapping the rings front to back or turning them around produces the same results, POI is far left of scope center. Hope that's clear and I understood what you're asking. 

Yeah, that’s right. I couldn’t figure out any way to rotate it a fraction of a degree. For example I can for that on the M3 using the three screws that attach the rail. 

I guess I could rotate the barrel 180 degrees and use the slug port. If it shoots to the right then the barrel isn’t straight. It’s a new gun, and that seems hard to imagine. Thanks again. 

Might be solved by indexing, but I don't have time to explore further tonight. However in the pellet transfer port position it was hitting 5" left of center at 30 yards. Rotating the barrel 180 degrees to the slug dual transfer port moved the POI to 2" right of center. So a delta of 7" at 30 yards. Obviously there's more than one variable changed here, but gives me hope I can get close to optical center following the instructions in the video linked above. Appreciate the tips.

I've tried every combination and orientation for these rings and every time the rifle shoots far left. I've also swapped scopes as a test, but for reference I'm using an Element Helix. I need to adjust the windage with the reticle pretty far from center, not what I want to do. Is there a way to adjust the rail on the Wildcat so its co-planer with the barrel? Thanks.

Hi Marl3y, 

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having with your set up, if you are still having trouble finding the right solution please feel free to call in to our tech department so we can help guide you on some options. 

Regards 
FX Airguns USA

Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

No problem. Sounds like your liner is bent. Not to hard to straighten they bend pretty easy.

Mark the high spot then center it between a couple of boards and whack it with a rubber mallet or hammer and a block of wood.

Oh man, not great for a brand new rifle. Having problems with my M3 too, so appreciate FX Support chiming in. I'll give a call and see if these things can get sorted out, otherwise I'll send them in for service/repair.

K, was able to get back at this today. Also called (no answer) and emailed FX questions about the Wildcat and M3. In the meantime I decided to dig into barrel indexing. The barrel nut was very tight. Liner was straight when referenced against a ground cast iron surface. Possibly it could have been bent under compression of the barrel nut, but I'm not sure. I made a witness mark on the liner and fired three-shot groups with that mark at 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00. Here are the results:

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 8.31.30 PM.1628818663.png

Does this mean I should fix it between 12:00 and 3:00 to 9:00 and 6:00? That's somewhat in the middle and offset can be compensated by elevation only. The point of aim was the target on the right. So, 12:00 and 9:00 are the closest POI to optical center, but are closer to the horizontal extreme. Hope this makes sense. Thoughts? Thank you.

Your assessment is correct. Didn't know if I should put it closest to point of aim or middle ground horizontally. Appreciate the guidance.

[edit] Also, wanted to confirm that when the liner is inserted it feels like it's bottoming out on metal. There seems to be an o-ring somewhere down there that grabs the OD of the liner, but not at the very end. Just wanted to be sure that's correct before I reassemble.