• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning wildcat mk3 .22 to loud

I have a wildcat mk3 .22 and im been trying to tune for the fx atomic 15.9 and my reg is at 100bar on power 3 im getting like 900s but its alitttle to loud for where a shoot I dont know what to do cause when i turn down the hammer it gets louder but if i turn it up it does the same.
Check the o ring in the brass when the probe oushes the pellet if that o ring is broken or missing it will be louder in your ear.

What’s the max the gun will push those pellets on that reg pressure?

If u could lower your reg pressure, that will significantly reduce the report.

What barrel length?
Running a higher reg pressure will lower the report from the muzzle. Try 120bar - you’ll need to increase the hammer (power wheel) a click or two to get the same speed but a shorter burst of air is more efficient and has more time to expand slowly as it pushes the pellet out, creating less noise.

See post 50 on this thread for explanation:

Running a higher reg pressure will lower the report from the muzzle. Try 120bar - you’ll need to increase the hammer (power wheel) a click or two to get the same speed but a shorter burst of air is more efficient and has more time to expand slowly as it pushes the pellet out, creating less noise.
See post 50 on this thread for explanation:

I know the valve cycle is faster and more efficient.
Not sure about report.

That being said, when I try tuning gun like that..the first shot after resting the gun for a couple hours is always slow. I must prefer lower reg and balance hammer tunes for hunting.

I know the valve cycle is faster and more efficient.
Not sure about report.

That being said, when I try tuning gun like that..the first shot after resting the gun for a couple hours is always slow. I must prefer lower reg and balance hammer tunes for hunting.
I certainly understand that perspective too! Running more in the realm of valve lock will exacerbate any reg creep/hammer variance or valve stiction.