• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX wildcat mk2 .25 huma reg fpe

i had a leaky reg in my mk2 .25 so swapped in a huma with the xl plenum, i think i have everything lined up but my fpe looks low compared to what others have posted so wanted to check.
- reg 135 (checked with gauge in brass bleed screw hole)
- hs set to get max fps (every time i change reg setting i back hs out and then turn in to where the fps peaks and then starts to drop)
- adjusted the probe to where fps peaks (around 28.8 on caliper)

i'm getting about 880fps with jsp heavies 25.4 so around 44fpe which is much lower than others are posting with same or lower reg pressure.

any ideas on where i might be misaligned? i didnt pull the barrel but checked the set screws just to make sure. i also checked that the cheek rest plate thing was all the way up against the aluminum receiver.

I just purchased a used Dreamline Power Pup. Having a similar problem when my reg is over 130 bar. When I get time I am going to weigh the hammer weight and up it a few grams. I just think the reg pressure is not letting the valve open and you either need a heavier hammer or hammer spring.
I found with my Maverick even though I bought a .30 Sniper it would not produce anywhere near the advertised FPE. I finally figured out they installed the wrong hammer ( too light ) at the factory. A couple grams makes a big difference.

Just thought that I would do a little follow up.
I took my hammer weight out today and it was 11.3 grams. I happened to have another that is 13.27 grams so I installed it.
This allowed me to increase the reg, pressure by 15 bar and without adding any hammer spring ( stock spring ). I gained 45-50 fps with the 25.39’s. I could probably go at least another 10 bar on the reg but I left it because it took me right to 885-890 fps with a 300mm barrel.

Hope all my rambling helps.