Wildcat is in !!!

"Muskrat."hawken, do you store your wildcat cocked? as you know you have to cock the rifle to remove the mag. just wanna make sure I'm not going to damage my gun by leaving it cocked.
No, I never store my guns cocked or with loaded mags in them. Just my preference. If I know I'm not shooting for a week or so I also air down to about 3/4 fill. I don't know if this helps longevity, I don't know if storing them cocked and full hurts. I just don't feel the need to put unneeded stress on the system and its mechanics if not in use.

Muskrat.So do you just dry fire it so its decocked? I don't understand how else to decock it.

I believe it functions like most of the other fx models. You should be able to hold the cocking lever halfway and pull the trigger to disengage the sear, then gently return the cocking lever to original position.

"Michael"
"Muskrat."So do you just dry fire it so its decocked? I don't understand how else to decock it.

I believe it functions like most of the other fx models. You should be able to hold the cocking lever halfway and pull the trigger to disengage the sear, then gently return the cocking lever to original position.
Yep, What Michael said. Hold back the charging handle, Squeeze the trigger, and release the charging handle while squeezing.

I tested the AA 16s and the JSB 18s as they showed the best 2 groups out of 15 different pellets I tried. I took them both out to 50 today. Best group was JSB at 3/8. Mostly a just shy of a half inch. AA gave the same grouping but I notices every once in a while One would pop off 1/4 inch or so from the rest of the group. So far JSB, AA a close second. I have 500 of each so I'm going to run them through every 10 yards out to 150 and compare, as long as I can get a calm day or two. The 3/8 group was once out of 6, 8 round groups. Dead calm, Full rifle rest. I test a full mag grouping to get the best consistency.

No pics, I was running out between rain showers. I know, its like the big fish story. But I think it was a fluke anyway. Its like the perfect 25X target you can never re-create. Most were at 1/2 inch. One at 5/8. I'm back on duty for the next 3 days and hopefully it will be nice and calm on my days off. I'm going to scope cam a bunch of the tests. I can only get out to 60 yards in my back yard so ill have to go out to the desert from 70 to 150. Im finding the Air Arms a bit confusing. I put 5 pellets through the same hole at 35 then one went way off, like 1/2 inch, then the same hole again, then off. Not sure what the consistency issue is but im going to sort 50 by weight and size and see if that makes a difference. So far I have only had one flyer with the JSB that I knew was the pellet. The one thing about this gun, you know when YOU mess up the shot before the pellet even strikes. Its not very forgiving.