Wildcat Hammer Spring Adjustment

What screw is actually being adjusted. Is it the first Allen hole in the large receiver hole. This almost seems like a cover, not very heavy duty. Mine came out easily even with loctite on it. And your counting twists from when it first engages the receiver. Thanks for the help guys. I have not changed the regulator yet. The factory regulator has a pressure of 135 being measured with a gauge in the air bleeder hole.

Here's how I had to get mine out.

1538424295_819758155bb27de7765136.43469251_IMG_20180522_180317442.jpg

Thx Bob. Spent a bit of time over the chrono today playing. Playing with the hammer spring on my .25, I was able to increase speed from 899 to 922 with the JSB 25’s and from 790-828 with the JSB MK II’s. Now my shot count went down from about 55 to 40 shots.

Something very interesting I found, did it multiple times today. As I approached air refill time, about 150-155 bar, my velocities would jump 8-10 FPS for 3-4 shots, both pellet weights. Then velocity would quickly start to drop off. Anyone have any thoughts on this.

mikeb

Archer I am also shooting 34g around 830 after some HS adjusting. Just want to share a tip to keep it where you have it set. We with the wildcat having a free floated hammer it can move in either direction. More loctite is a solution but if it bites to tight you could strip the nut very easily if you try to move it. I ended up purchasing extra adjustment nuts from FX and I placed one behind the original, acting like a jam nut to keep it in place. I can easily adjust the setting with no issue and it's held solid for the last thousand pellets. I believe I have a few extra, if you want to message me your info I'd be willing to send you one. 

Dan

I’ve solved my dreaded weak easily stripped hammer spring adjuster screw problem here’s how.. Over a year ago I stripped the hammer spring adjuster screw on my FX Streamline, What did I do? Well, I found a local machinist shop and paid a guy that sized and machined three bigger beefier hammer spring adjustment screws out of brass. They adjust with a simple flat head screwdriver now. One went directly in my FX Streamline and has worked faultlessly for over a year. The other two were just spares. Idea “💡”! Those also fit and work in my month old FX Wildcat MK2! Now adjusting hammer spring tension is headache free, they’re set now with one drop of blue locktyte. I suggest searching out a good machine shop bringing in your OEM hammer spring adjuster and having a couple stronger ones made. Just a possible option...

This picture is when they were blank before he finalized them so we could check for fitment. 

1541286094_18320395985bde28ce5f4f13.16074195_0D908160-DEA6-49A6-9B12-4FF98F1A9ABB.jpeg

I’ve solved my dreaded weak easily stripped hammer spring adjuster screw problem here’s how.. Over a year ago I stripped the hammer spring adjuster screw on my FX Streamline, What did I do? Well, I found a local machinist shop and paid a guy that sized and machined three bigger beefier hammer spring adjustment screws out of brass. They adjust with a simple flat head screwdriver now. One went directly in my FX Streamline and has worked faultlessly for over a year. The other two were just spares. Idea “💡”! Those also fit and work in my month old FX Wildcat MK2! Now adjusting hammer spring tension is headache free, they’re set now with one drop of blue locktyte. I suggest searching out a good machine shop bringing in your OEM hammer spring adjuster and having a couple stronger ones made. Just a possible option...

This picture is when they were blank before he finalized them so we could check for fitment. 

1541286094_18320395985bde28ce5f4f13.16074195_0D908160-DEA6-49A6-9B12-4FF98F1A9ABB.jpeg

That is really "Kool" lol I just had to, an awesome idea. Luckily mine was not loctited from the factory and a steel one so it's been fine for me but I know many people have had to deal with nasty adjusters. 

Having so much thread and the spring base way at the back (assuming they're mostly hollow) doesn't this lower your maximum spring tension? Like it bottoms out before maxing it out like the factory one did. Just curious, maybe I'm picturing it wrong. If there's only a shallow pocket I guess it would shorten the stroke of the spring but raise the pre-tension I guess.

That is really "Kool" lol I just had to, an awesome idea. Luckily mine was not loctited from the factory and a steel one so it's been fine for me but I know many people have had to deal with nasty adjusters.

Having so much thread and the spring base way at the back (assuming they're mostly hollow) doesn't this lower your maximum spring tension? Like it bottoms out before maxing it out like the factory one did. Just curious, maybe I'm picturing it wrong. If there's only a shallow pocket I guess it would shorten the stroke of the spring but raise the pre-tension I guess.

Those in the pictures are blanks. Not the final versions. On the final versions the spring fits and sets in the screw (like the original) and there are only 4 or 5 threads. With an indentation for a flat head screw driver. Fits just as the OEM part would. I made sure of that. Had the breach block there and worked with the machinists until it was perfect 👌🏽! Glad he was a nice guy, he was impressed by the airgun, I think he wanted one of his own after we were done. 😁

Those in the pictures are blanks. Not the final versions. On the final versions the spring fits and sets in the screw (like the original) and there are only 4 or 5 threads. With an indentation for a flat head screw driver. Fits just as the OEM part would. I made sure of that. Had the breach block there and worked with the machinists until it was perfect 👌🏽! Glad he was a nice guy, he was impressed by the airgun, I think he wanted one of his own after we were done. 😁

Oh I understand, awesome. Yeah I had a barrel turned recently for my Royale and brought the breech block with me to make sure it fit, he kept turning it over and over in his hands I could see his gears turning lol.