FX Wildcat decision

I'm considering the purchase of a Wildcat MK3 VP in 25 caliber and replacing the aluminum bottle with a 480 cc CF bottle. I like the 600 mm barrel length. Those of you that have that combo and shoot slugs, what brand slugs and diameter does this gun like the best with the standard superior barrel and what velocity? Thanks.
I did exactly the same thing last year. I purchased a WC MK3 VP and then substituted a 480cc bottle. In my case i also then went down in size to a 500mm barrel, since I really wanted a compact but with a big barrel. It is now a .25 cal compact which, with the FX Maverick/Wildcat slug kit, gets the Zan 37 grain slugs moving at 894 FPS and delivers almost 66 Ft Lbs of energy at the muzzle.

I’m actually thinking of going back to the 600mm barrel soon. Why? No reason really. I just like playing around with my guns and the beauty of FXZ rifles is that it is really easy to change things up and makes me feel like I have a new gun 😇
IMG_4740.jpeg
IMG_4792.jpeg

I did exactly the same thing last year. I purchased a WC MK3 VP and then substituted a 480cc bottle. In my case i also then went down in size to a 500mm barrel, since I really wanted a compact but with a big barrel. It is now a .25 cal compact which, with the FX Maverick/Wildcat slug kit, gets the Zan 37 grain slugs moving at 894 FPS and delivers almost 66 Ft Lbs of energy at the muzzle.

I’m actually thinking of going back to the 600mm barrel soon. Why? No reason really. I just like playing around with my guns and the beauty of FXZ rifles is that it is really easy to change things up and makes me feel like I have a new gun 😇
View attachment 392762View attachment 392764
FX Meccano shooting line .....

Reactions: ChRiSiS

View attachment 392762View attachment 392764
I'm surprised your moderator doesn't rub on the tank. My ronin is wider so there is no way of running a bottle beyond the end of the barrel. I'm thinking i can keep my 580cc if i go down to a 600mm but will a 480cc fit on the 500mm with my moderator or only a 300cc?

I'm surprised your moderator doesn't rub on the tank. My ronin is wider so there is no way of running a bottle beyond the end of the barrel. I'm thinking i can keep my 580cc if i go down to a 600mm but will a 480cc fit on the 500mm with my moderator or only a 300cc?
There are only a few moderators that will fit using the 500mm barrel and a 480cc or larger tank. The 0dB and the DonnyFL KOI and Tanto are the only ones I know of. Otherwise you have to use a 300cc tank.

Reactions: AKairgunner907