FX Wildcat compact 22 and Altaros slugs👍

In comparison with the “conventional” .218 Javelins, Zans etc. they load with markedly lower resistance and they also seem to have less frictional loss of speed. In other words, they shoot faster than expected for their weight in comparison to a conventional slug.

Resting on a flat surface, the ATP has substantially less of its perimeter in contact, compared to a 30 grain Javelin:

IMG_0708.jpeg

In comparison with the “conventional” .218 Javelins, Zans etc. they load with markedly lower resistance and they also seem to have less frictional loss of speed. In other words, they shoot faster than expected for their weight in comparison to a conventional slug.

Resting on a flat surface, the ATP has substantially less of its perimeter in contact, compared to a 30 grain Javelin:

View attachment 431005
They also look to be a lot slicker than the zans.

Rain today but took three shots at my 50y target to check for POI shift due to creep/stiction/swedish liner gremlins and it was dead on with all three. If this keeps up, there will be a Panthera 22-600 up for sale! The Panthera might be slightly more accurate but I’m not good enough to tell, so it’s moot. But getting this accuracy and juice from a compact is a tasty treat.

Last edited:
Rain today but took three shots at my 50y target to check for POI shift due to creep/stiction/swedish liner gremlins and it was dead on with all three. If this keeps up, there will be a Panthera 22-600 up for sale! The Panthera might be slightly more accurate but I’m not good enough to tell, so it’s moot. But getting this accuracy and juice from a compact is a tasty treat.
Great to read! Looks like she's finally settled in. How many shots are you getting out of a tune like this one?

Great to read! Looks like she's finally settled in. How many shots are you getting out of a tune like this one?
Good question but I fill from tanks so I never really pay much attention. As I recall, a mag full (18?) depleted the tank from 230-235 to 190-195 (ball park). I’ll take note after when the rain departs.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
To that point, I was concerned that this setup was going to be ragged-edge angry but it is surprisingly docile. Louder than the Panthera doing the same thing but not at all jumpy.
Yeah I meant to ask of it was violent or not. I think you should play with different moderators and see if it quiets it down more or if it changes your accuracy.

The noise is more hammer than muzzle and not in the offensive/gotta fix it category. Having the hammer right below the cheek rest is the worst feature of the WC.

Why is it that you get a neat gun up and running and then it rains for 3 days? I need to speak to the manager. This is supposed to be the 2nd driest state in the US.
Come on down to Florida, every other weekend it's been 50 to mid 60's and over cast or too cold for iguanas to come out and shoot then but not cold enough for then to fall out of the trees and do my job 😒

Sorry to burst your bubble but unless you’re solely fishing at the beach, your chances of NOT encountering iguanas is slim to none. Even near the beach they will be around, just not as many lol
My bad - I should have explained that better. I just don’t have much interest in shooting them. I like the challenge of a fast moving rat. But if those things were munching on my fruit trees, they would have to go!

My bad - I should have explained that better. I just don’t have much interest in shooting them. I like the challenge of a fast moving rat. But if those things were munching on my fruit trees, they would have to go!
Munching on your fruit trees, your flowers, your plants, defecating on your screen, in your pool, crawling in your roof tiles, getting into your attic, digging underneath your foundation, etc. They do it all.

Munching on your fruit trees, your flowers, your plants, defecating on your screen, in your pool, crawling in your roof tiles, getting into your attic, digging underneath your foundation, etc. They do it all.
Creepy devils. I guess the hide is quite tough. What’s your favorite rig for dispatch so far?

Getting back on track, here’s a group of 6 at 102 y. The best of three attempts but all were in the sub 2 inch realm, with this one at 1.25. That’s about as good as I shoot and about what I’d expect from the Panthera. The sun angle was such that I could see the slugs in flight arcing in to the target. It gives an extra appreciation of how remarkable these devices are when you can see the depth of what looks like a rise and fall out to 100y and then another little hole appears in the same spot on the target. Makes me think that we protest too much when the stars don’t align as well as we might like…

IMG_0714.jpeg