FX Wildcat compact 22 and Altaros slugsđź‘Ť

Creepy devils. I guess the hide is quite tough. What’s your favorite rig for dispatch so far?
It is, but at the same time when shooting pellets, it feels like it isn't. My favorite long distance rig out to 214yds was and will be the impact mk2 that I got rid of. I would out the at44 up with the impact but I hate carrying that heavy thing, although I have taken iguanas out to 156 yards with in in 177 doing 29fpe. For shorter distances like out to 60yds I would say the taipan veteran 177 that I sold on here. That things was a beauty and it shot amazingly. And for 45yds and in IF I am shooting pellets then the leshiy classic. Originally had it in .35, chabged it to .177 killed hundreds while shooting the 10gr jsb KO at 960fps out to 70yds when braced. Sold that, currently using another leshiy classic in .22 and this one is tuned to 18.13 at about 730fps and it's killing everything from hatchlings to 5 foot males out to 60yds very impressively with little to no pass throughs. I've always had pass-throughs with pellets, and I never understood how I would find iguanas that was pellets stuck in them, because I had fired at iguanas before at about 800fpes with all kinds pellets. And even with .177 they should still zip through unless I used the barracuda extreme hunters. Unless it was the large males, they have extra though skin. And sometimes your shot needs to be perfect for these guys. But you can honestly use anything as long as it's accurate enough to hit a hit sized spot. Or enough to sever the neck, even shooting the spine they can still run from you.

Reactions: weevil
It is, but at the same time when shooting pellets, it feels like it isn't. My favorite long distance rig out to 214yds was and will be the impact mk2 that I got rid of. I would out the at44 up with the impact but I hate carrying that heavy thing, although I have taken iguanas out to 156 yards with in in 177 doing 29fpe. For shorter distances like out to 60yds I would say the taipan veteran 177 that I sold on here. That things was a beauty and it shot amazingly. And for 45yds and in IF I am shooting pellets then the leshiy classic. Originally had it in .35, chabged it to .177 killed hundreds while shooting the 10gr jsb KO at 960fps out to 70yds when braced. Sold that, currently using another leshiy classic in .22 and this one is tuned to 18.13 at about 730fps and it's killing everything from hatchlings to 5 foot males out to 60yds very impressively with little to no pass throughs. I've always had pass-throughs with pellets, and I never understood how I would find iguanas that was pellets stuck in them, because I had fired at iguanas before at about 800fpes with all kinds pellets. And even with .177 they should still zip through unless I used the barracuda extreme hunters. Unless it was the large males, they have extra though skin. And sometimes your shot needs to be perfect for these guys. But you can honestly use anything as long as it's accurate enough to hit a hit sized spot. Or enough to sever the neck, even shooting the spine they can still run from you.
I love those LCs! The rig in this thread would not doubt do well in your job. It’s unfortunate that I don’t really have a good use for because I’m wary of shooting high BC slugs in my yard. I nailed a rat in the canal at ~100y this morning but it’s quite an expensive overkill for that job.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I love those LCs! The rig in this thread would not doubt do well in your job. It’s unfortunate that I don’t really have a good use for because I’m wary of shooting high BC slugs in my yard. I nailed a rat in the canal at ~100y this morning but it’s quite an expensive overkill for that job.
For sure! I've always wanted an wildcat compact but really didn't want to part with the impact lol. And not having a rail from factory deterred me from getting one as well. I don't think there's such a thing as overkill. Not every shot we take is perfect, and you do have your pests that sometimes seem to be juiced up to take the beating. Now as far as expensive, hell yes lol, have you thought about reaching out to farms in your area to help out?

This guy was taken at the base of my neighbors yard at 85y with the WC having sat for 2 days. My neighbor has problems with the squirrels storing walnuts in the attic, which required some expensive cleanup, so he encourages me to text him for clearance to nix them. This one had his back to me, stooped over, chowing on a walnut, so a headshot was not on the cards, but he was backed by a tree, so the opportunity to shoot safely was deemed better than waiting for him to move. I went for the upper spine and the slug was right on the point of aim with projected holdover. It exited through the mouth and the squirrel died instantly. Obviously a pass through, but at 56fpe, most things will pass through unless I’ve missed the discovery of the magic projectile. I’ll refrain from showing the mouth shot but it’s clear that the slug had greatly expanded by that time, traveling around 3 inches.

IMG_0720.jpeg

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
This guy was taken at the base of my neighbors yard at 85y with the WC having sat for 2 days. My neighbor has problems with the squirrels storing walnuts in the attic, which required some expensive cleanup, so he encourages me to text him for clearance to nix them. This one had his back to me, stooped over, chowing on a walnut, so a headshot was not on the cards, but he was backed by a tree, so the opportunity to shoot safely was deemed better than waiting for him to move. I went for the upper spine and the slug was right on the point of aim with projected holdover. It exited through the mouth and the squirrel died instantly. Obviously a pass through, but at 56fpe, most things will pass through unless I’ve missed the discovery of the magic projectile. I’ll refrain from showing the mouth shot but it’s clear that the slug had greatly expanded by that time, traveling around 3 inches.

View attachment 433431
Boo-yah! Perfect opportunity for demonstration! Btw if you want slugs that will practically explode upon entering, try the 22gr XLHP slugs from varmint knockers. I dont buy them anymore due to them being to costly for my daily pest control. But they create the most gruesome of enpasion in an iguanas skull and they dont exit the other side shooting an iguana in the body