• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wildcat .25 video re: sound

I hate you guys and your peer pressure ways of forcing me into doing this!!! :) Here it is....

https://youtu.be/hjeK9YjYA4s

Edit: Top Dead Center of the gauge is 55dB. 50 and 60 are the hashmarks on either side of TDC. Decibels is the free app I used for this. Feel free to download it and look at it for a better understanding. Sorry I couldn't get a better image of the dB meter, it's quite sunny out today in Dixie! 

The WC .25 registered between 60 and 65 for each of these shots. The Norica Model 92 .177 springer registered basically the same. 

Edit #2: At the 1:38 mark that shot registers right at 60dB - that's extremely quiet!!!! And this gun hasn't been modified in any way. it's 100% stock as it comes from factory. Heck I haven't even adjusted the trigger yet!

Also meant to show you that it has 230 bar in it. That's max air pressure. 

"pulps"Were you dry firing? Usually even quieter with a pellet.
No I wasn't dry firing. It had a full magazine in it but I was shooting into soft dirt at about 30 yards because I didn't want the noise of the pellet hitting anything to register on the meter. Literally - and I mean factually literally, the sound of the pellet hitting a steel target is louder than the gun. 

Ok, I just wanted to show you that the app you are using is junk, I am not insulting you or trying to start an argument. If you are going to measure sound use a good app. In this video I shoot my cricket .25 (dry fire which is louder) and I am in an inclosed room, 10 x 10. Yes, I know I said 8 x 8 in the video. Just try "db meter pro" and see if you still get 60 db, I will guarantee you won't. I was in an inclosed room and still got a reading the same as you or lower. Just trying to let people know they are not getting a gun that is in the 60-70 db range. I did it and I challenge you to do the same.

edit: video failed will be up soon.......see if it works now

Reactions: Pellethunter
linsfreak .... you returned your wildcat because it was loud ?? 
personaly i can see multiple reasons for returning the wildcats if yours had any of the common problems , but because of the loudness ??

would be no biggy to contact a machining shop and have them make an tip to screw onto the shroud that has a tread for a supressor ? (i guess if in US its a bit tricky with that tho)

Dident mean anything negative by it Linsfreak ..
im just a bit suprised , as if i had tried to turn in a used gun , i would have to argue my arse off or whatnot and even then probably i would only be given a exchange slip or something like that .
also a bit suprised as the 22 where suposed to be fairly quiet :O 
but again , as i said , dident mean anything bad by it :)

if there is anyone in the Northern Virginia area, DC, or MD with a WildCat .25 or .22 I am willing to pick up a REAL DB meter to get real world results and we can put the whole thing on video. That will solve the question on that in a hurry. I am not affiliated with anyone and am just an individual who loves science and facts.