• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wildcat 25 & JSB heavy's

DaveF

Oct 22, 2015
Looks like my WC likes the heavies much better than the 25.4s which are somewhat inconsistent

I would like to know if the power can be adjusted up since these are only shoot around 790 at the muzzle.
Is the hammer spring adjustable ? if so can someone give me instructions as to how to do this since velocity is not acceptable with loopy trajectory.

Originally purchased this gun for its light weight and hoped it would shoot well, but average of my groups with 25.4 gr JSB's at 50 yds runs between 0.6 and 0.7 inches with maybe 2 out of 10 or so groups being under 0.5 inches, some groups are much worse.
The heavies are running around 0.35 to 0.5 with an occasion flyer but overall much better.

H & N Hunter Extremes also group much more consistent at around 0.6 inches.

Thanks for any input.

Well after giving considerable thought to this I called AOA to see if they could tell me what they actually got for fifty yard accuracy after tuning my Wildcat last month.
Spoke with Kevin who was great to talk to.
He checked with tech who worked on my gun but came up with no info or test target, etc.
Kevin recommended I send him the gun back and he will make sure of tune and accuracy. So back it went yesterday.
I'll keep you posted.

Do you own a Crony? Did you do a shot sting? .5 at fifty yards is what one should expect if we the shooter does our job for a high end gun. Did you clean the gun prior to your test? If the gun will shot less than that occasional it should shot that all the time. What kinda of rest are you shooting off of? Lots of questions to help narrow down what and if there are any issues. Can you post pictures of shot groups?

My wildcat also shoots the jsb heavies (original and mk2) better than the kings. I've accomplished a 3/8- 8 shot group at 65 yds. I don't how many fps you will gain from adjusting just the hammer spring. For significant gains you might have to also adjust the regulator as well. Clockwise for hammer spring increase, counter clockwise for regulator increase. Warning: before removal of the airtube to adjust regulator you must bleed the air out via the brass screw on breech block.

I have done shot strings before sending gun back the first time and after with 888 fps before and 865 fps after so they did do something to it.
As far as rests go most groups were off an Atlas bipod and leather sand bag in rear with best 50 yard groups with no wind being 0.7 inches on up to 1,5 inches.
Groups are very inconsistent
Tried different scopes, different tins of pellets, sand bag front rest and many different pellets.
Occasionally I will get 4 shots touching and the fifth shot 1 inch away. Only good thing I have found is that H & N Hunter Extremes don't seem to have the flyers and group about 0.6 at best. JSB heaveyies are about the same but have an occasional flyer.
I bought this gun because I wanted a relatively light accurate 25 cal but if I have to feed it JSB Heavies then velocity drops to 790 fps

Yes I have cleaned the barrel several times. 
I also don't believe that tuning the gun for the heavies will get much more than maybe 30 fps at best so it doesn't look like you can flatten out the trajectory curve of these by tuning.

I did see the video of the 65 yard 8 shot groups and was very envious. Only wish I could come close to that.

One full turn clockwise on the .25 Wildcat hammer spring adjuster got me about 40 fps, from 880 to 920 with 25.4 JSB Kings, then I backed it off about 1/4 turn to get my average down around 915, which seems to be the magic number in all of my .25s, for that pellet anyway. At that same adjustment the heavies run about 825, I'm not really sure how far you can go in either direction, but I don't think there is enough to get the heavies close to the 900 mark. I believe the heavies generally do better down around 800, speed is a secondary priority over accuracy, if a pellet shoots better running slower then so be it.