Wildcat .25 cal. vs Groundhogs w/Video

I went out yesterday with my Wildcat in .25 cal. for the first time to hunt some groundhogs. This is not the first time I have hunted groundhogs with air rifles. Years back in my first air rifle phase I shot over 200 groundhogs with a TalonSS in .22 cal. with 24 fpe and an Career Tanker with 34 fpe. I was surprised my Wildcat .25 with 47 fpe did not anchor the two adult groundhogs in place. Maybe the shots were off a little but I don't know for sure. The first one I hit pretty good between the ear and eye. Definitely a killing shot but not lights out. I remember the first time I tried shooting groundhogs with the TalonSS in .22 cal I was using Crosman dome 14.3 grain pellets. They just did not have the weight to penetrate the hard groundhog skulls. I then went with the Beeman Kodiaks at 21. plus grains and they did the job. I am presently using the Air Arms Diabolo field pellets at 25.4 grains. they were the only pellet I tried that held accuracy out to 100 yards giving me 2" groups. I had about three or four pellets brands that at 50 yards that gave me 1/2" groups at 50 yards which is about the maximum range I would shoot groundhogs. I am wondering if the Air Arms pellets may be hitting so hard that they are flattening out with a head shot and not getting good penetration. Maybe I will try some penetration tests into 2 by 4's to simulate tough groundhog skulls. Anyway the video is an hunting video and some may consider graphic. All I know is the farmer was darn pleased to know I took out some groundhogs that were undermining and messing up his sheds and out building. He has another shed that they are so bad that a piece of machinery is sinking into the ground undermined by groundhogs den holes. I will figure this out as far as taking out the groundhogs as this was my first outing with the FX Wildcat. I just wanted to give you guys the story and background into my groundhog shooting experience before jumping on me about wounding or not knowing how to shoot groundhogs. I hope to get some better results and video in the future. Bill

"Rami939"Nice shooting and video Bill !
Thanks for sharing .
Thanks Rami. I did check my zero at the end of the day which is 46 yards. I was about 1/2 " + low. It was very calm so I hope my rifle is on zero now. I actually slow down the first shot with the groundhog hugging the ground. The pellet appeared to just skim the ground and get deflected up. That would take some of the energy away from the pellet and deform it some too. I'm also trying to find the proper rest set-up for the Wildcat so I get the best accuracy and good zero from my Wildcat. It is different stock configuration requiring a different rest set-up with the bullpup stock. Bill