• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wildcat.25 50yd groups. Short Video.

TKA87

Feb 26, 2016
I was doing a little shooting today at my permission and thought I'd share a short video I made with my IPhone 5S and homemade scope cam mount. It was extremely windy as you'll see in the video and I'm shooting off a bipod set on top of a cheap little table I take with me to shoot I also did a little hunting which I posted pictures of the big ole groundhog I got in the hunting section of the forum. I need more practice but overall I really enjoy this gun. https://youtu.be/oA3cQ_D4FLE     

Tough shooting conditions with the wind there and your table looks less than steady too. I had similar conditions a few days ago when I went out with my Wildcat in .25 cal. too. The wind just plays havoc with shooting pellet rifles at longer ranges. All you can do is take the opportunity to see how the wind affects your pellet drift. Bill

Hope you don't mind me sharing my target sight-in on your post. I feel like we are part of the Wildcat .25 cal. brotherhood now. I have a camcorder mounted on my scope. The bull I am shooting at is basically in the center of the screen.

Not sure I only have the synthetic version you should ask Tominco he's got the synthetic and laminate version. I just spoke with AOA today about how much they were asking for just the laminate stock and they want almost $500 just for the stock!!! That's $200 more than it would cost just to buy a brand new Wildcat in laminate. I don't understand why it cost $1700 for a laminate wildcat but it costs $500 just for a laminate stock? I also asked about the wildcat weaver rail and they said they just got a shipment from FX but they didn't send any of the wildcat weaver rails. Nobody will have them in stock until sometime in June.

Awesome video TKA! I couldn't help but laugh at your commentary going along with the Wind LOL. That is actually pretty good shooting considering that crazy wind you had to deal with. Thanks for taking the time to put the video together. I'm just now realizing how much effort goes into that. Especially if you have to do any video editing. The software can be pretty crazy to deal with

No problem Bill I like to share with you guys. I'm hoping to see some Wildcat footage of some of these other owners soon even non wildcat related videos and pictures. I just purchased a camera off EBay tonight and a new scope camera mount to shoot better quality videos and get good clear slow motion footage. I got a good deal on a Casio Exelim EX-ZR1100 and a Orion steady pix style scope cam mount. I also bought some camo and 4D carbon fiber vinyl wrap to customize my Wildcat.25 with. I'll post all the pictures and videos when I receive everything.

TKA I think it's time to update your avatar pic with a Wildcat! haha, The Casio Exelim is the camera I was looking at getting also, it's just hard to justify the cost when I have one that "technically" works. It just doesn't shoot slow motion is all and because of where the optical lens is located, I have to turn my camera mount upside down because the camera hits the stock and won't line up with the scope otherwise. That means that the film is upside down and I have to make sure to flip it before publishing it. Not that big of a deal but it would be nice to not have to do that and to be able to shoot slow motion video. Now I just have to work up the nerve to be able to stand in front of the camera lol.

http://smile.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-TS1-Digital-Stabilized-Green/dp/B001QFZMBA/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_g2243582042?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&ie=UTF8

I also went with the Casio because you can tilt the screen upwards so that you can have the gun sitting on the ground or on a table and look down to see the screen. I see Matt Dubber from AirArmsSA and Ted were using the same setup even in the sunlight with success so that's why I went with that option, although I was thinking of making or using some type of rubber channel for the camera lens to scope to cut out any sunlight just in case.