Wika gauges warning

Ok now what's scary? Its just a gauge. Not like putting on cheap Chinese gauge, your gun is gonna blow up and kill you. I have use cheap Chinese gauge on eBay for $3 with free shipping in my marauder. they work and hold pressure. Don't even leak letting it sit for months without use. But are they accurate? Probably not. But even a $2000 gauges on the impact isnt accurate too. Cheap gauge isn't gonna kill anyone. So I wouldn't say it's scary. If you are a tuner, the only thing you worried about is, is it on the right pressure that you want it to be shooting at. Wika gauge is $50. Kinda overprice imo. I suggest $13 mcmaster gauge. Lots of Marauder owner I know replace the factory gauge for that one.

Ok now what's scary? Its just a gauge. Not like putting on cheap Chinese gauge, your gun is gonna blow up and kill you. I have use cheap Chinese gauge on eBay for $3 with free shipping in my marauder. they work and hold pressure. Don't even leak letting it sit for months without use. But are they accurate? Probably not. But even a $2000 gauges on the impact isnt accurate too. Cheap gauge isn't gonna kill anyone. So I wouldn't say it's scary. If you are a tuner, the only thing you worried about is, is it on the right pressure that you want it to be shooting at. Wika gauge is $50. Kinda overprice imo. I suggest $13 mcmaster gauge. Lots of Marauder owner I know replace the factory gauge for that one.

Maybe maybe not, but mine is right at my cheek line.
1553360985_1722419905c96685979af69.90923965_regulator gauge.jpg

If the threads are cut undersized and the metal is not up to the pressure it sure can. If the guy replaced the gauge on his Impact and then aired it up, with the gauge happening to be facing him, and the threads let go once he got to 1500psi, or 2K or whatever what do you think that gauge is doing? It's coming out of that block at about the same speed a pellet would be coming out of the barrel. Think about what happens when it hits his chest.

I'd like to know where he got the gauges from. I searched Ebay, Alibi, Aliexp and couldn't find any deals even similar.

I never heard of anyone getting hurt or kill by a flying gauge. Like id said, I have used $3 cheapo gauge. They work fine. Probably same accuracy as the fx impact gauge imo. With cheap, or clone gauge the only worry is the accuracy of the gauge. Cause a cheap or clone gauge won't be accurate as a $50-100 gauge of course. These gauges, even unscrewing them while under pressure, they will leak first before they fly off. Kinda like burst disk, they will leak before the tank blows. These are safety features.

I never heard of anyone getting hurt or kill by a flying gauge. Like id said, I have used $3 cheapo gauge. They work fine. Probably same accuracy as the fx impact gauge imo. With cheap, or clone gauge the only worry is the accuracy of the gauge. Cause a cheap or clone gauge won't be accurate as a $50-100 gauge of course. These gauges, even unscrewing them while under pressure, they will leak first before they fly off. Kinda like burst disk, they will leak before the tank blows. These are safety features.

Here's the link to the post. From the IP address on the original it appears to have been posted from a computer in California

https://airgunwarriors.com/airgun-talk/heads-up-wika-manometers-and-a-warning-posted-on-aa/

Ever heard of someone getting injured by a flying firing valve. This is what happens when the proper metal and/or fastener strength is not used. The guy taking the gun apart (IMHO) did not realize that the (standard for co2 pressure) valve retention screws were failing and that the valve was partly being retained by the grip frame screw. When he got the grip frame screw partly out the other screws let loose and the valve shot into his leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1hrms0i2LU

Here's the link to the post. From the IP address on the original it appears to have been posted from a computer in California

https://airgunwarriors.com/airgun-talk/heads-up-wika-manometers-and-a-warning-posted-on-aa/

Ever heard of someone getting injured by a flying firing valve. This is what happens when the proper metal and/or fastener strength is not used. The guy taking the gun apart (IMHO) did not realize that the (standard for co2 pressure) valve retention screws were failing and that the valve was partly being retained by the grip frame screw. When he got the grip frame screw partly out the other screws let loose and the valve shot into his leg.

That has nothing to do with the gauge flying off cause it was cheapo Chinese gauge .I saw that video on YouTube before. If I remember correctly. He was modifying his gun. Which he doesn't have the experience to do. And piece of his modify tube broke off and shoot into on leg. I never said hpa isn't dangerous. Our tanks, and airtube are fill to 3000-4500psi. When you don't have the experience and try to mess with it, and poop goes wrong. It can kill you. We all put 3000-4500psi guns right next to our face when we shoot. But the chance of getting kill by it blowing off is very slim. You are more likely to get kill by a car. Yet we still get into our car. I know HPA is dangerous and take it very seriously. But I also don't become paranoid about it killing me. I shoot and have fun.

Just wondering if anybody has any confirmation on this story? I did a little digging, and the bread crumb trail goes back to the AGW site, which leads back to AA Classifieds. Google was unable to produce any other hits. If this is a true story, it is cause for concern, and a lot of it. I'm just curious as to why the original poster in the AA Classifieds didn't post his/her name on the ad. It just smells like a swatting attempt, to me. If this is false, that would be great news for two reasons: First and foremost, it would mean one of our fellow airgunners is not fighting for his life in a hospital somewhere. Second, we wouldn't be scared to buy these gages online from what appears to be reputable sellers. I guess i am simply urging caution until somebody can verify this is a true story, and if it is true, we need to identify where they are coming from so we can avoid them. 

James

Just to be clear, the air tube that the valve was poorly secured in acted as a bore...allowing the valve to accelerate as pressure pushed it out, similar to a pellet through a barrel, however, a gauge flying out from its threads will not have quite the same effect...although I wouldn't want to be hit by one, I find it hard to believe it would be comparable to the video provided...its like putting a pellet right at the end of the barrel, and thinking you'll still hit 800+ fps...in fact I implore you to test that, put a pellet RIGHT at the end of your barrel and shoot it over a chronograph...

I personally wouldn't air up my rifle if upon installing a new fresh part where fitment appeared to be an issue...

-Matt

Just wondering if anybody has any confirmation on this story? I did a little digging, and the bread crumb trail goes back to the AGW site, which leads back to AA Classifieds. Google was unable to produce any other hits. If this is a true story, it is cause for concern, and a lot of it. I'm just curious as to why the original poster in the AA Classifieds didn't post his/her name on the ad. It just smells like a swatting attempt, to me. If this is false, that would be great news for two reasons: First and foremost, it would mean one of our fellow airgunners is not fighting for his life in a hospital somewhere. Second, we wouldn't be scared to buy these gages online from what appears to be reputable sellers. I guess i am simply urging caution until somebody can verify this is a true story, and if it is true, we need to identify where they are coming from so we can avoid them. 

James

Confirmation of the valve threw leg .... personally know the individual that did this. YES it actually happened !