• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wika Gauged Royale and Crown

Nutcracker, I'm pretty sure the factory plastic washer/bushing is tapered on the bottom side to fit a tapered hole in the receiver. Without the washer I don't think the O-ring can seal against the tapered hole but instead it just squishes down in it without consistency. I think that by using the washer and the chubby O-ring, the O-ring seals against the surface of the washer plus it expands and seals into the threads as well. Just my take..

JK

Nutcracker, I'm pretty sure the factory plastic washer/bushing is tapered on the bottom side to fit a tapered hole in the receiver. Without the washer I don't think the O-ring can seal against the tapered hole but instead it just squishes down in it without consistency. I think that by using the washer and the chubby O-ring, the O-ring seals against the surface of the washer plus it expands and seals into the threads as well. Just my take..

JK

That makes sense. Will try that when I get the Wika. Thanx.....

JKing, Received the Wika Gauge yesterday. Used fat o-ring on top of flat disc like you said. Indexed perfectly. Here is picture today after filling to 220 bar yesterday. So looks like that is the ticket. I swapped dust covers with my older Wildcat as it has the removeable inner piece. The Wika fits w/o removing the inner ring. Guess I could take it out. Better than removing material off dust cover or gauge. I doubt you can get those old style dust covers anymore, but maybe. 

1548877058_18017887445c51fd02f0b0d8.45533266_IMG_0062.JPG

1548876956_15780544765c51fc9c65e711.12428798_IMG_0002.JPG