• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
"billydjann"Bert
I could easily shot only targets and not hunt...
but since I used to hunt a lot when younger.....I enjoy going out in the woods and waiting for squirrel.
Squirrel are the only animal I actively hunt for... now if a rabbit happened to hop my way .... I would gladly shoot and put in a pot..

I just like and enjoy shooting at targets and trying to do better each time....
A year ago.. I would not have considered shooting past 25 yards.... Today I am practicing 50 yards...
I will go 65 yards... but thats the limits of back yard...

I to, tell people that I hunt squirrel and they all assume I use shotgun or rim fire....
I get all kinds of chuckles from people once I tell them I use a pellet gun..... 
Many of these Big Bold Men will tell me why bother and that I should use a mans gun and that they can out shoot me with rim fire .22...
I said bring it on .... so far nobody has...

Well, it's not like I'm against hunting by principle or sth. I mean, I eat meat, and although people often seem to prefer forgetting this, it requires killing animals. Grew up on the countryside and helped my dad slaughtering rabbits, chickens, and what not. What I do hate for sure is the fact that a lot of people (here) consider meat to be sth you buy in a fancy looking package in the supermarket, as if it grows on trees - they just buy it, and wouldn't consider it a paradox to criticize hunting at the same time.
Stuff like trophy hunting and using 'pest control' as a pretext for 'killing for recreation', that's sth else, but let's not discuss that now, generally speaking there's quite big geographical as well as very personal differences when it comes to people's views on hunting.

Anwyay my concerns have to do with 1. safety (overcrowded country) and 2. the law. If I would get caught, even for a stupid feral pigeon or sth, I might as well have my airgun(s) taken away from me...

So yeah, we tend to focus on precision shooting, fun plinking, and the occasional 'destruction' shoot, where simply everything has to be reduced to small bits and pieces :) . And of course things like gear, customisation, pellet shapes and weights, and basically everything that can be tested - as long as it's responsible.

"Jr_Explorer"I was JUST going to say, "Hand her the gun". My gf likes to shoot a bit and hunt too. She is arguably the better shot between the two of us in calm, level conditions. I bought a P-Rod "for her" because my M-Rod was WAY to big and heavy. She loves that little gun!
I did let her shoot and look what she did...

http://airgunnation.dev/topic/just-great-thanks-a-lot-people/