• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wife bought me pellet trap with spinners!!!

Daxx

Jul 2, 2015
I tried not to laugh when I saw it and she assured me the store clerk said it would handle any pellet gun. So, I shot it to make her happy.

Below is the first, and only shot with the Vulcan .25 with 25gn JSB pellet.

Yep, it blasted off both spinner targets and bent the spinner rod. Bless her heart, she meant well. :) Will bend it back and let my son use it with a BB gun.

I've had similar experiences with those traps myself! I wouldn't recommend shooting any hard target with a bb gun, the probability of the bb ricocheting back at the shooter is very high! We USED to shoot centerfire pistols at wood bowling pins-while picking up brass I found a bullet right where we were standing! No more of that!
Shoot safe,
John

Interesting outcome. I looked at that very trap at Walmart, and I wasn't impressed. Period! 

I ended up buying a Do-All from Midway USA on sale for only $44.95 including shipping. I'm not sorry, but there is one thing I don't like. Acetyl-tipped pellets (PolyMag and Red Fires), pop their tips out of the trap and into the back of the target. If you're using Shoot-N-See type targets it mars your ability to mark hits well.