• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX Widcat mk3 compact 177

I had a Maverick Compact 177. It had hunting accuracy, but shooting the 30y challenge it was not. I suffered from POI changing. It would still hit the head of a squirrel, but shooting bulls it was frustrating.

What are your objectives with it?

I ended up selling it and getting a Revere Safari. I went traditional style rigle because I primarily shoot from bench and prefer that style to a bullpup. If I bought a Taipan Short, it was on my final list, I probably would still have that rifle.

@JimD convinced me to try and P35 and I’m glad I did. It definitely needs a little TLC if you buy one, but they can be great performers. If you’re up to working on a rifle. I’d buy a 177 P35 before I buy another Mav or Wildcat III. My 25 cal out of the box has impressed me.

Reactions: drsquall
I posted the chrony string from mine. This is in out of the box form and before I even broke it in. It’s light and balanced. All I wanted was a 25 bullpup to shoot steal and occasionally pest with. It does that perfectly, and it’s a simple design that’s easy to work on.

My best 30 yard challenge with my P35-177 is 194. That's not 200 like my P35-22 but I am pretty happy with it. I've made the hammer spring match the regulator setting better but not otherwise messed with the tune. I had to shorten the hammer spring to get it low enough for the regulator setting. I dropped the trigger weight under a pound on all my P35s. Just a matter of turning screws. I think my 177 is harder to shoot well than my 22. Seems to be hold sensitive. When I do my part it shoots well. The 177 shoots H&N Match 10.65s at about 900 fps in warm weather. It was about 875-880 last time I checked. It's gotten cooler. It's squirrel count is up to 9. Those little 177 pellets are surprisingly effective.

I am not claiming the fit/finish of P35s is up there with FX airguns. I don't own any FX but I am pretty sure their normal tolerances are tighter. But I find my P35s to be fun to shoot and surprisingly accurate. I haven't had a large issues but have had to replace a few O-rings and I had to put a grub screw in the cocking mechanism back where it belongs on the P35-22. They also like to drop a pin in the trigger mechanism when you take the stock off. As long as you don't loose it it isn't a big deal and a small piece of tape is over it now. They are also easy to make quiet. The fitting for the back of the shroud can be slid along the barrel to make the area ahead of the barrel larger. I have 120mm printed moderators in the shroud for about 85 db.