Wicked air rifle

So Scott , When is your Motorhead SS HM100 rifle coming out ? I'm in for one!!!! ..Did not expect to see you on this now azz kick'in.. Lot of people got hit by Travis. A least you got out clean.

I'm not out to smear anyone .... I was closer than most working behind the scenes on R&D and details of his think tank process over many years. I was never screwed and actually taken care of quite well for my efforts over the years. So in this light .... no sour grapes here.

Of the eight AG barrels I now have, the Jim Gaska MMHF barrel is still the one I choose for the most pinpoint accurate shots. I hated beating Jim in 2017 at the GTA Fun shoot with his own barrel, but that's what it took to win as he battled with one in a Warp as well as did Travis.

Travis has treated me more than fair a number of times, and has helped me out a bunch, too without me even asking him to. That said, I have taken note of some of the things he told me that he forgot to complete. I have heard the same thing said privately from a couple of others as well. I think he says too much to too many and doesn't jot down the promises made. Only the one promised remembers in that situation. I do wish Travis well going forward. He does mean well and is a good fella overall. He may be a little guilty of being over ambitious in his endeavors that ultimately cost him some backlash. I give him kudos for trying though, regardless.

8+ years of doing the same fraud over and over to many people coast to coast is a little more than oversight......on purpose !

I can understand you being a little butt hurt from being banned over on the GTA. Most are, and I have seen this scene before a number of times in the past. It's never pretty. You also do have some valid points, but there comes a point in the quantity of your bashing/truths that can hit a limit switch with others. I guess you hit that limit over there with Travis...I think all owners of forums have a limit, understandably. Don't hate too long my friend...That's dangerous overall to your longevity. I remember you to be out spoken, but very knowledgeable there. I do equal my time over here as an escape to what has now gone that I use to enjoy more. Dave had built quite an enjoyable forum that is not the same as it was then, but still a good place to fellowship with like minded air gunners and I still have fun there as well as here.

This tread is getting wicked! 

Im with triggertreat Keith. I’ve met Travis in person, along with the rest of the JSAR crew when I drove up to Oregon on a road trip to buy my 30 cal wildcat from a member. It was Travis and silent squirrel Matt that took the time to show me the business, and I got to see first hand the start of the Raptor prototype. For me, It was a great experience.

i also followed closely the Airspeeds when they came out, and I remember Travis coming up with a fix to that gun, that the manufacturer didn’t offer. It seems to me that the Airspeeds were problematic from the start, for most folks except one guy, who happens to own like 10 other Evanix rifles and gets free parts from them, while all others had to purchase. In the end, to me it was unfortunate that that platform came out of jsar’s shop. It was no fault of their own.

Just my opinions, fellas. I wasn’t around when the WAR guns were introduced.

This topic is about WAR in it's current form. Not about trash talking / slandering the previous owner.

@lorraine - IP blocking is a common solution used on almost all platforms (including AGN). Please take a moment to review our rules as many of your replies within this topic were unacceptable. I understand that you are frustrated, but please keep you're comments in line with our pleasant culture.

@hoytwon - Please take a moment to review our rules as well.

If anyone has information regarding WAR's current status you may share it. But please try to be helpful and keep the conversation moving forward in a positive manner.

Thank you

-Michael

Hello All,

I don't get on the forums much any more, but I was contacted about this thread so I wanted to make sure there weren't any misconceptions of lies being spread.

It is true that WAR has closed its doors. It was not for lack of business or money, nor did the split with Travis bring it down. The split hurt (a lot) but I recovered and prospered. Plain and simple I had to make a choice, go big, or go home. Since I already have a wonderful job and love what I do, I couldn't forsake it to chase the dreams I had for WAR. It was stressful, as all business ventures are, and it felt better to burn out, than to fade away (thanks Neil) That is it. End of Story.

I have several parties interested in the business. Let's hope one pans out.

I felt horrible for the people who trusted me to build them a gun, only to have me shut the business down. For that I will never forgive myself.

It was an incredible ride, those five plus years. But in the end I had to make a tough choice.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope it helps explain what happened and why WAR is closed.

All the best,

Jim

Well said Jim! I too had a wonderful business. Then my wife contracted a genetic disease with could be a short term death sentence, and certainly longer term. and the state and fed gov took care of the horrendous HP bills. Well into the 6 figures in the firs month. the fed's said we will take care of her bills, and put her on ssi, but you cannot continue your work. Period or they pull the insurance that pays everything.

. I was incredibly successful for a simple Knifemaker with clients around the world. It left both myself and my (a few) hanging and I feel terrible about it. My work commanded at time thousands of dollars for a single knife. I however did not get that. The dealers and secondary market collectors did. I / we, my wife made all the sheaths, were just starting to reap the benefits of a 45 year career or making knives.

The top knife maker in the world took me under his wing and gave me his logo's and propelled me to the very top in months. I had literally thousands of orders on the books A life time of work to do. I was acknowledged as the top Fighter maker, and the best fit and finish polisher in the business winning coveted awards as such. Now I am relegated to being a nobody. Plain and simple. Very poor and not allowed to touch my equipment to enjoy what I enjoy most. 
GRRRRR!!!

If that wasn't enough, the state hit us with eminent domain. It finished ruining us completely. I went from being able to afford any ag in the world to not being able to afford pellets.

this is why I ended up casting. Darned near free! And it has kept me sane. 

I have known Travis for a long time now, and Never has he been anything but good to me. And I know a lot of people with the same story. There are most times two sides to any issue. One poster bashing him here that was banned form the GTA is the single rudest member I ever experienced there. He should have been banned long ago.

He is here now spreading his venom as is his lot in life. Nothing surprising there. Nothing. 

Knife

Reactions: Navnesen
Hey Mike. Thanks for sharing your story. I only wish I owned one of your knives made by you! It’s got to be hard letting that go that you loved so much and have been so gifted to do. My hats off to you for standing by your wife through the hardest time of her life. Men of your integrity are few and fading in this world today . So don’t ever think that you’re a nobody . I love reading your post on the forums I’ve learned a ton from you and appreciate your skills.

. I was incredibly successful for a simple Knifemaker with clients around the world. It left both myself and my (a few) hanging and I feel terrible about it. My work commanded at time thousands of dollars for a single knife. I however did not get that. The dealers and secondary market collectors did. I / we, my wife made all the sheaths, were just starting to reap the benefits of a 45 year career or making knives.

The top knife maker in the world took me under his wing and gave me his logo's and propelled me to the very top in months. I had literally thousands of orders on the books A life time of work to do. I was acknowledged as the top Fighter maker, and the best fit and finish polisher in the business winning coveted awards as such. Now I am relegated to being a nobody. Plain and simple. Very poor and not allowed to touch my equipment to enjoy what I enjoy most. 
GRRRRR!!!

Holy smokes Knife, I did not know that you were 'THAT MICHAEL' 

Being under the wing of the top knife maker is an understatement, you assumed the mantle of a TITAN among knife makers.

Your blades are absolutely 100% thoroughbred bad azz!

You upheld your end in the highest fashion, and I am sure that your mentor Bob is beaming with pride!

MUCH respect, be well and take care.