Wicked air rifle

Jim Gaska was left holding the bag, same as the guys still at JSAR were left in the lurch.

Jim never really got a chance to make a go of the WAR platform, which in all honesty, could have been a lot better with some refinement. 

Given a choice, unless a WAR rifle was offered at a substantial discount, I would not even consider purchasing one again. 

Reactions: Tronic
Jim Gaska was a stand up guy after he took over the war mess!

Yes he was, and what a mess he inherited.

I spoke to him at a show in Ohio shortly after he took sole control, and you could not wish to meet a nicer more knowledgeable guy. It was a shame to see what that mess did to him and his business, through no fault of his own.

That debacle was the major factor in my decision to sell my WAR FLEX in .25. The rifle shot well enough to smoke groundhogs all day long, but I bought it from Travis privately as it was his 'personal' rifle. Once the WAR fallout happened, I could not stomach owning that rifle and it got traded on a Royale 500.

Good riddance says I, and there are vastly superior platforms out there that do not leave me with a foul after taste.

Good luck finding one. Yes he is no longer in business. However personally absolutely loved my WARP Cobra .30cal. Absolute laser beam! Great trigger and super easy to work on and tune. If I could get it back I would in a heartbeat. I bought it when Jim was sole owner and you'd be hard pressed to find a better guy to deal with! Sad what happened.

I preferred it over my RAW but different uses. As a hunter I liked having a 39" gun over a 48" gun.

Bill Greathouse? is the barrel guy now. I believe that is his name, he has posted here under the handle billg or Billg or something similar. He posted in the TJ barrel grinding thread, look there.

Dairyboy

Does your friend still have that green WAR that was mine?

Thanks the original MMHF are ridiculously accurate.