Why the Panthera…

38BDBD58-B1E7-403D-8167-CEFA4D3734BF.jpeg

Just some thoughts…
As FX has stated this rifle is purpose built! What does that mean? Clearly I’m new to the Airgun World however I’ve learned a couple things about prs/nrl competition. I absolutely love my impacts but they are being heavily modified to shoot this discipline of competition. FX has recognized this and produced an awesome solution all be it a first Gen version. Some key components to precision rifle systems are balance and center of gravity. The new Panthera excels in these categories. The long arca rail is considered standard on any precision build and allows for various plates bipods weights and other accessories frequently used on a prs rifle. The low height over bore and center of gravity help facilitate less induced rifle cant in the system and easier maneuvering of small porthole props. The highly rigid barrel gives confidence you won’t have poi shift running into a barricade. Bottom line for me I can’t wait to get a production model in my hands and get out to the competitions but don’t take my word for it…
BE07F1A4-2A1A-4CF4-ADA3-2FE8B2C6F788.jpeg

I mean if you're a PRS person this seems like a dream come true I'm not so I don't really care about it but it does show FX continues to push the boundaries of what is possible in air rifles and that is great to see. I imagine they will be all over the airgun competition scene next year.

I fail to see the point, the Panthera to me is Fx's iteration of the Airforce Guns. Airforce put out a product that under the right hands, and the right know how was just as capable (barring shot count, and some ergonomics, maybe). Now, FX is introducing a ready made, HIGH POWER, direct to consumer, "readily available", possibly mass produced airgun that mimics rimfire or better performance.. FX is a rather high profile company and I sincerely hope their efforts to push the boundaries doesn't become a disservice to the airgun community from a broader optics perspective..

I fail to see the point, the Panthera to me is Fx's iteration of the Airforce Guns. Airforce put out a product that under the right hands, and the right know how was just as capable (barring shot count, and some ergonomics, maybe). Now, FX is introducing a ready made, HIGH POWER, direct to consumer, "readily available", possibly mass produced airgun that mimics rimfire or better performance.. FX is a rather high profile company and I sincerely hope their efforts to push the boundaries doesn't become a disservice to the airgun community from a broader optics perspective..
Sorry but it's nowehere near an Airforce in no ways whatsoever, Airforce have a direct inline valve and are single shot, also because of the tank placement the scope is way, way up there over the bore,......no similarities in no ways.

View attachment 313662
Just some thoughts…
As FX has stated this rifle is purpose built! What does that mean? Clearly I’m new to the Airgun World however I’ve learned a couple things about prs/nrl competition. I absolutely love my impacts but they are being heavily modified to shoot this discipline of competition. FX has recognized this and produced an awesome solution all be it a first Gen version. Some key components to precision rifle systems are balance and center of gravity. The new Panthera excels in these categories. The long arca rail is considered standard on any precision build and allows for various plates bipods weights and other accessories frequently used on a prs rifle. The low height over bore and center of gravity help facilitate less induced rifle cant in the system and easier maneuvering of small porthole props. The highly rigid barrel gives confidence you won’t have poi shift running into a barricade. Bottom line for me I can’t wait to get a production model in my hands and get out to the competitions but don’t take my word for it…
View attachment 313666
Because of all the reasons you mentioned I think the platform is bomb and would make a fantastic hunting rifle.

Sorry but it's nowehere near an Airforce in no ways whatsoever, Airforce have a direct inline valve and are single shot, also because of the tank placement the scope is way, way up there over the bore,......no similarities in no ways.
No doubt FX is an engineering powerhouse that has distinguished it self from most in form, but perhaps not in function. I am certainly impressed by their offerings. Would love to own an M3 in .25 but I simply don't have the necessity for that kind of capability within the constraints of an air platform. There is no denying the purpose built nature of the Panthera, the marketing is rather clear, a powerful slug shooter aimed at NRL competitors. One that can blur the line between powder and air or possibly end all regulatory distinction between the two. I guess I tend to look across the pond to gather some insights and possible outcomes at which we might unfortunately arrive given the current trends. Is our quest for more power justifiable?

No doubt FX is an engineering powerhouse that has distinguished it self from most in form, but perhaps not in function. I am certainly impressed by their offerings. Would love to own an M3 in .25 but I simply don't have the necessity for that kind of capability within the constraints of an air platform. There is no denying the purpose built nature of the Panthera, the marketing is rather clear, a powerful slug shooter aimed at NRL competitors. One that can blur the line between powder and air or possibly end all regulatory distinction between the two. I guess I tend to look across the pond to gather some insights and possible outcomes at which we might unfortunately arrive given the current trends. Is our quest for more power justifiable?
Do we realise that we had Rimfire power ( more then the Panthera ) airguns 20 yars ago ?

We have big bores that can go from under to way over 1000 FPE out there so I don't thing the Panthera will even get on the radar for any kind of regulation/scrutiny.

Across the pond they cannot even bowhunt so I don't think I a good reference.

Nietzsche,I mean a Niche market that will be hyped up to no tomorrow, and as we can see it already is.
Got to have one, got to find a different purpose for it, ya a good hunting rifle,ah,um, come on, really?
Tell you what, nobody in competition likes to lose, will this beat .22 Rimfires, we will see.
I know one thing,it looks sinister, is that a good thing ?Would it look less sinister in pink?
I look at it as a tool,nothing but a tool,an expensive one at that.
Hype,for now;Sinister forever,yea it is purpose-built;FX should have hired an Italian designer a long time ago and used some anodized bling on it.

PRS are not my thing, i am simply too old for that stuff, fortunately i am never going to have to deal with that as i am pretty sure PRS shooting will never be a thing in Denmark.
But i can use it in other ways, just like some petrol heads can use super / hyper cars to just drive around on public streets, when really these cars should exclusive be used on a race track.

I have more or less come to terms with the panthera now, if anything the rear fill port is the one thing that aggravate me a little.
But unless FX give me one for having stolen my tank / plenum around the barrel idea i dont think i will get one anytime soon. :)

Nietzsche,I mean a Niche market that will be hyped up to no tomorrow, and as we can see it already is.
Got to have one, got to find a different purpose for it, ya a good hunting rifle,ah,um, come on, really?
Tell you what, nobody in competition likes to lose, will this beat .22 Rimfires, we will see.
I know one thing,it looks sinister, is that a good thing ?Would it look less sinister in pink?
I look at it as a tool,nothing but a tool,an expensive one at that.
Hype,for now;Sinister forever,yea it is purpose-built;FX should have hired an Italian designer a long time ago and used some anodized bling on it.

Yet another stream of consciousness gem, Boscoe. Philosophers and historians debate it. Roger Waters wrote songs about it.😉 Keep up the good work. 👍

Reactions: boscoebrea
Because of all the reasons you mentioned I think the platform is bomb and would make a fantastic hunting rifle.
Agreed. As a hunting rifle it would be great. I like the “classic” simplistic look of a wood stocked rifle, but an all metal gun in any weather is nice. The Panthera is really clean minimalistic looking.
Although the 500mm Wildcat does extremely well as a hunting rifle, maybe down the line they might offer the 600 and 700mm barrels for pellets so you aren’t forced to use more expensive slugs. But maybe there’s more than just a barrel change to make it pellet compatible.

I fail to see the point, the Panthera to me is Fx's iteration of the Airforce Guns. Airforce put out a product that under the right hands, and the right know how was just as capable (barring shot count, and some ergonomics, maybe). Now, FX is introducing a ready made, HIGH POWER, direct to consumer, "readily available", possibly mass produced airgun that mimics rimfire or better performance.. FX is a rather high profile company and I sincerely hope their efforts to push the boundaries doesn't become a disservice to the airgun community from a broader optics perspective.
2 questions what air force gun is a direct competitor? 2nd what disservice are you speaking of?

All companies look to bring in new/more customers to their products. FX smartly is looking at the firearm rimfire type customer (not just PRS folks) and saying "What if we got even 2% of those shooters how many new customers would that be for us". They want to get customers that have never heard of AGN or even know what a "slug" air rifle is to expand their reach and customer base and good for them. The more people who buy the Pathera the more money FX has for R&D to invest in other rifles that are more suited for the things I want to do although I don't see me buying another FX anytime soon I don't have enough time to properly use the ones I already have.

FX keeps pushing the boundaries of air powered projectile technology in ways few others do and for that they should be commended regardless of your feelings about any particular rifle of theirs. I for one can't wait to see what they come out with next!