Why so many used FX Impacts for sale?

Jlacouturec - You are SO RIGHT! Quote " the impact and the crown are not made for people who are beginners, they are Like a race car"

That is an understatement? I'm in so far over my head with the Impact it's crazy. Would I sell or trade the gun? absolutely not. Would I recommend this gun to the average shooter or a beginner? ABSOLUTELY NOT! It'd be like handing a Ferrari to a 14 year old. Yes they could drive it, but most likely cause lots of damage due to lack of experience.

In my case, I did exactly that. I blew out a bunch of O-Rings and the valve seat due to inexperience with the gun. I've rebuilt it myself over the winter and spent quite a few pennies on O-rings and parts here and there. but it's what I want to do with my gun. Is that right for someone else, probably not.

My guess is that in the beginning of this two year old thread, people bought the Impact expecting 1 inch groups at 100 yards out of the box. Some guns started gathering dust, so a few of those guns hit the market after the owners figured out the Ferrari of airguns really wasn't for them. Since then, things have settled down. People understand the Impact and Crown better and few people are buying for the wrong reasons. So the used market slowed down.

Great gun, but you are right, not for the beginner

Jlacouturec - You are SO RIGHT! Quote " the impact and the crown are not made for people who are beginners, they are Like a race car"

That is an understatement? I'm in so far over my head with the Impact it's crazy. Would I sell or trade the gun? absolutely not. Would I recommend this gun to the average shooter or a beginner? ABSOLUTELY NOT! It'd be like handing a Ferrari to a 14 year old. Yes they could drive it, but most likely cause lots of damage due to lack of experience.

In my case, I did exactly that. I blew out a bunch of O-Rings and the valve seat due to inexperience with the gun. I've rebuilt it myself over the winter and spent quite a few pennies on O-rings and parts here and there. but it's what I want to do with my gun. Is that right for someone else, probably not.

My guess is that in the beginning of this two year old thread, people bought the Impact expecting 1 inch groups at 100 yards out of the box. Some guns started gathering dust, so a few of those guns hit the market after the owners figured out the Ferrari of airguns really wasn't for them. Since then, things have settled down. People understand the Impact and Crown better and few people are buying for the wrong reasons. So the used market slowed down.

Great gun, but you are right, not for the beginner

you got it!!

I cant speak on the Fx impact because i never owned one...however i did own a Fx wildcat and sold it here on AGN to get Edgun R5 Matador.30 Standard witch i bought here on AGN....since then I've seen 4 or 5 other R5 Matador up for sell...Was wondering why ppl are selling a Limited edition of only 407 in the world not to Mention a damn good Gun at that..But, ppl could be having Financial problems or a number of different reasons as to why they are selling them...some ppl are Impulse buyers and all of the Big shot youtubers was Praising the FX impacts...poop i was goin to buy one myself!! But to drop $2,000 for a airgun my wife WOULD NOT have been happy with that...so, i sold my FX wildcat & put a few hundred to go with it and Now i am a Proud owner of an R5 Matador.30 Standard #080

People keep upgrading to the new impact not everyone is selling them m3 just came out alot of mk2 went up for sale I see a few m3 some people jumped on the m3 and just decided they didn't like them also mk2 and mk1 even I have seen sell and they are holding there value well I mean 1700 or more for a mk2 is pretty good I think any way since the m3 is out 

Mods should lock stupid post like this, why why why?

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 2.28.24 PM.1646346531.jpg

Over complicated design with too many orings = much to go wrong, most FX Impacts have a let... somewhere.

Primarily built for high power, in the UK they are de-tuned but don't really work well at sub 12fpe.

Very expensive (for what they are) - this is actually Ben Taylors fault, he told FX to up their prices massively (true story).

I once ordered an FX impact - it came in Kit form... below was the first part of the kit. ;)

orings.jpg

Would I recommend this gun to the average shooter or a beginner? ABSOLUTELY NOT
I am reminded of the video where some idiot in a Sweet Shelby make a left in front of another car and total the Shelby, even if it is just a replica i died a little the first time i saw that video.
Also think there is a video of a girl / woman totalling a Mercedes gull wing.

Also one reason why i would never buy a fast car if i should get a little easy money, while i have never ruined a car i am well aware of myself not really being smarter than so many other people.
Also today, well your license go the way of the dodo fast, and they will take your car and auction it off too for the worst traffic offences like going +100 % over

My dream car is +12 tonnes, and a moped could out run it easy., all it would need is people to only shoot at it with small caliber stuff.

I am reminded of the video where some idiot in a Sweet Shelby make a left in front of another car and total the Shelby, even if it is just a replica i died a little the first time i saw that video.
Also think there is a video of a girl / woman totalling a Mercedes gull wing.

Also one reason why i would never buy a fast car if i should get a little easy money, while i have never ruined a car i am well aware of myself not really being smarter than so many other people.
Also today, well your license go the way of the dodo fast, and they will take your car and auction it off too for the worst traffic offences like going +100 % over

My dream car is +12 tonnes, and a moped could out run it easy., all it would need is people to only shoot at it with small caliber stuff.
Love those fast cars!
image000001.jpg

I picked up an Impact MKII .30 sniper on here a couple of years ago. This gun is awesome and has never sprung a leak. I do headshots on squirrels at 85 yards with it (13 so far) using an Element Titan scope. Many trade up for the latest FX models. In my case it was the new M3 coming out. I don't need another as this one filled an empty spot very nicely for me and I am good with it. I don't need the latest and greatest if what I got works. I also picked up a used AAA .357 Slayer on here. This gun is MOA at 100 yards and is quite a treasure to own.