N/A Why PCP airguns are so expensive?

Does China have shareholders?
They sure do, and everything is on sale over there!
Check out this 3 year price chart of Alibaba.

big.gif

Why are trucks $100,000?
Because people buy them to drive to the office so they can fell like a man. Cabs are big and luxurious and the beds keep getting smaller. Now people who actually need a truck can't afford a new one.
Sorry, Way off topic but it's a sore subject

Why not get a backup bottle and carry that in a backpack? I have a shoulder bag to carry my 3L bottle and a long enough tether line, I can have my gun tethered and the 3L bottle on my back like a quiver of arrows.
I thought about it, but scuba bottles are expensive. Also, for plinking it does not matter - I have an air fill station in the back of my truck. And when I have my Notos back I won't have to spend so much time airing it up, like I do with the big bore (6 rounds then wait 15 minutes).

For stalking it ended up with game warden saying he'll ticket me if see in the woods with gun and no hunting license, or with wrong caliber gun for the purpose, or with gun outside of a season :) If I need something for protection he's fine with a 9 mm pistol.

Because people buy them to drive to the office so they can fell like a man. Cabs are big and luxurious and the beds keep getting smaller. Now people who actually need a truck can't afford a new one.
Sorry, Way off topic but it's a sore subject
Just like all the dumba$$es who buy a truck, lift it up 8 inches, put 38" tires on it, and all the bells and whistles into the suspension... and never ever touch the dirt.

I refer to them as morons.

What's your pump model? Maybe I just go ahead and buy it. 200+ lbs me standing on my GX H-4 does not fill my gun past ~3000 PSI, that's it.
I was just about to type something like this. I have a hand pump, a cheap ebay China model. It's an abscess to pump a gun to 3000 psi. My old disco builds with 165cc reservoir used to kick my ass to hand pump to 3000 psi.

What gives? Are the higher end pumps really that much easier to use?

Reactions: Scotay42 and vtl
100 to 200 percent mark up. Dealer pays $900 and sells for $1800 to $2400
As long as they keep selling there is no reason to lower the price.
LoL.. more like 50$ made in china and sold to you for 500% markup +. .lol

Oh then don't forget to add another $300 to air it up to even use it .. ( and a scope as well to aim )

I have a number of PBs that belonged to my GGF. I have several that are themselves over 100 years old and a whole bunch including an 1892 lever gun I bought brand new two days ago. Designed in 1892 and by John Browning no less. Not to mention a number of 1911 model pistols. Why exactly do air guns have to have a new design every few weeks? That is why I like the Marauder, proven, simple, serviceable, tech support a phone call away and it can still be as viable in 2115 as it was in 2015 just like my new 1892 lever gun is as wonderful today as when first released by Winchester in 1892 and hopefully still being manufactured in 2092. Or the Model 39A Marlin, the longest continually produced arm from the 1890s until just a couple of years ago and probably returning yet again for an encore performance.

It would be really nice is an air rifle costing upwards of $2,000 could hold POI for more than a few pellets. And be made from materials that would keep it useful and serviceable for a 100 years. You know, like a real gun and not a toy.
RTI

But I get your points. Plinking a .22 airgun on backyard is both cheap and tolerated by neighbors.
I live in a very Karen area, people hear a fire cracker and you'd think there was a gang war going on from their reports. My 'range' parallels a street with pedestrians by a park, i'm behind a 6' wooden fence and very tall dense shrubs. I've yet to get a 'what was that?' BUT you could imagine my pucker when one of my new guns broke the sound barrier due to a bad reg. I'm glad my pellet stop was designed for higher powered PB's.

Reactions: mh
I watched a video a while back and they mentioned the time it takes to machine the main body of the Ghost (or maybe Delta Wolf) and I'm pretty sure he said it was over 3 hours on the CNC machine for that 1 piece.
Seems a bit long for aluminum, the multi axis machining centers are fast and precise.

Reactions: scottblair
1-air guns are self-contained. No powder. Less mess, less cleaning and lower ammo costs
So a pcp don't need a compressor / pump / SCBA tank to fill it? Hmm... self-contained. A break barrel is self contained yes, but not a pcp. You must remember to add that to the cost, especially if you have only one pcp.

I love my pcp but at the end my .22LR is still my favorite. Much more self contained than a pcp will ever be.

I was just about to type something like this. I have a hand pump, a cheap ebay China model. It's an abscess to pump a gun to 3000 psi. My old disco builds with 165cc reservoir used to kick my ass to hand pump to 3000 psi.

What gives? Are the higher end pumps really that much easier to use?
A the moment I have 4 generic 50 bucks China pumps from Amazon, in the Past I had 8 HILLS and 2 FX.....never again, the Cheap China pumps are just as good if not better,

All you guys must be doing something seriously wrong or your pump is defective, once again at 150 Pounds I have no problem getting to 5000 psi

Reactions: Scotay42
So a pcp don't need a compressor / pump / SCBA tank to fill it? Hmm... self-contained. A break barrel is self contained yes, but not a pcp. You must remember to add that to the cost, especially if you have only one pcp.

I love my pcp but at the end my .22LR is still my favorite. Much more self contained than a pcp will ever be.
I have 2 pcps. Both get hundreds of shots a week through each, i fill both every other day. Even if i bought new, i would still be less money than the ammo i have shot in the last year. 22 match ammo is Spensiveand higher calibers even mkre so .lol. Each of my rifles at current tune get 80 and 120 shots per fill respectively. If you can't hunt whatever the hell it is with that, you just should not at all.

20240311_134526.jpg

20240311_134353.jpg