Why no winter competitions?

With Northeast Air Classic in April, RMAC in June, Pyramyd Cup in August and Extreme Benchrest in October, would be nice if there was an airgun comp in maybe January or February, in Florida or some other warm southern/southast climate during the winter months.

Would one more competition be one more too many? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part as I’m off during the winter months, sure would break up the monotony.

Then just do it.. set up a comp at the times you want .. then when you see how easy it is to organize a event you'll know why or have a better understanding .... I'm sure like s.florida ain't going to stop a idea event that helps kill off many more iguana.. or even a indoor match in your area for winter months ..

Reactions: Mikel101
To OP :)
January 2022 I shoot a 100 meters scoring for fun by myself in my gun club. I was more then confident that a gas heater above my head will keep me in a game @ minus 20C.
Two days later I ended up in a surgery room with internal bleeding (from a source, a previous surgery five years earlier), and during COVID hysteria there were all surgeries on hold unless life threatening.
Two year later I am still laying on that same table for periodic checkup and "maintenance".
Looks like I opened a Pandora box.

Just a friendly advise... winter is winter, no matter how much you've trained for it, problems could knock on your door you would be surprised ;)

Reactions: Joekrooz
Year round bench, silhouette, field target and more in Concord CA. Yes it's wet, but we've overhead cover, protective back and side walls, and electricity if you want to run a heater. 200 yard range with metal silhouettes rated for .22 rim fire .
.30 cal and below.

Diablo Rod and Gun.
Check out our online calendar, we've at least 3 airgun events a week.

To OP :)
January 2022 I shoot a 100 meters scoring for fun by myself in my gun club. I was more then confident that a gas heater above my head will keep me in a game @ minus 20C.
Two days later I ended up in a surgery room with internal bleeding (from a source, a previous surgery five years earlier), and during COVID hysteria there were all surgeries on hold unless life threatening.
Two year later I am still laying on that same table for periodic checkup and "maintenance".
Looks like I opened a Pandora box.

Just a friendly advise... winter is winter, no matter how much you've trained for it, problems could knock on your door you would be surprised ;)
That doesn sound good, hope you’re on the mend. it’s gotta be above 40° F for me to even consider shooting.

Then just do it.. set up a comp at the times you want .. then when you see how easy it is to organize a event you'll know why or have a better understanding .... I'm sure like s.florida ain't going to stop a idea event that helps kill off many more iguana.. or even a indoor match in your area for winter months ..
You got any land over in Mc Nastyville, we could do it together

You got any land over in Mc Nastyville, we could do it together
Ya, I'm a land owner here in the FREE state of Florida , but I'm closed to the public.😉

P.s...

Your dog looks like my dog 👍

happyboy.png