• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why no power adjuster on the Wildcat?

I haven't actually see a Wildcat in person, but for those who have and who know how the Royale 3-stage power adjuster wheel works, is there a good reason FX didn't put one on the Wildcat? I'm not asking about economics since the Wildcat is intentionally priced lower (adding the adjuster would certainly increase the price) but from an engineering perspective, is it physically possible with the Wildcat receiver? I want a power adjustable bullpup and love the look and low weight of the Wildcat. If it had the adjuster I'd have one already. The 3-stages on the Royale are perfect for my shooting - low for backyard pest control and high for long range plinking and hunting. I have my eye on the Impact for that reason, but it's overkill for what I need.

My Bobcat and Verminator have power wheels, And I use the low power for backyard pest and plinking I have 60yds to my back wall and have a little field target range set up. I can use high power but the low power setting makes things more difficult, ground squirrels and rabbits also are taken with ease with low power. If the Wildcat had a wheel it would be priced higher.

Having a power wheel wouldn't add much expense. It's a sad oversight. 

I have a tuned, regulated Kral Puncher Breaker on the way. I didn't trust the factory quality, but I figure since it'll be tuned...

We'll see how she goes.

I have an S510 with the power wheel, and I like it, but it doesn't save as much air as I thought it would. The Compatto's more efficient, probably due to their slingshot hammer system. I get 80 shots on low power (12.5 FPE) on my .177. Drilled quite a few nutters and sparrows with it at that level.

I too was considering a Wildcat, and I too passed it up for the lack of a power adjuster. One doesn't always need 30 FPE, and for that kind of dough, it should have everything.