• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Why no competition in pricing of rifles, FX in this case?

FX Basically moderates the sale price so as not to allow any seller to de-value their products and undercut other retailers. (Which is a good business model)
But the thing I don't like is that they allow or are unaware about retailers price gouging on speciality upgrades.
i.e. Power plenum.

if they moderate the amount that a seller can mark down their products, Then they should also moderate how much a seller is able to mark up their products.

Fair business model goes both ways!

Just MHO.

FX Basically moderates the sale price so as not to allow any seller to de-value their products and undercut other retailers. (Which is a good business model)
But the thing I don't like is that they allow or are unaware about retailers price gouging on speciality upgrades.
i.e. Power plenum.

if they moderate the amount that a seller can mark down their products, Then they should also moderate how much a seller is able to mark up their products.

Fair business model goes both ways!

Just MHO.

I think some of the FX Power Plenum concerns you mention is more due to the factors of buying the kit just by itself, or with installation. So you know the price of just the Power Plenum Kit is $175.99. The $300.00 you see many dealers charge is the price with installation.

Others on a different platform have pointed out that Huma-Air is selling the kit for $150 over in Europe. Europe laws towards minimum advertised pricing is different and so therefore these is no MAP overseas. BUT, Huma-Air is supposed to not ship FX accessories to the US as that violates the agreement FXUSA has in place. (Same reason Krale doesn't ship FX items to the US). We realize that sometimes this is done anyways but keep a close eye and ultimately a dealer overseas would put his right to buy from FX Airguns in jeopardy if they sell to regions they aren't allowed.

Hope this makes sense. As far as Maximum Advertised Price. FX USA doesn't bother with that as the reality the market takes care of itself. With the internet based economy there's a reason no one tries to sell an Impact for $200 more than another dealer. You as customers wouldn't buy from them (hooray capitalism. Gives all the power to the consumer!)

As far as T3PRanch's comment. Dealers should be careful of breaking MAP in person as well. If a deal is given to a customer and that customer comes on a forum or other public space touting the deal they received, that's a MAP violation. We're trying to provide a level playing field so that dealers can get the margin they need to grow which benefits all of us. Airgunning is in its infancy and the goal is to help things grow, develop, innovate, and ultimately provide you as the customers a great experience.

Hopefully this has helped clear anything up.

I find it interesting that in one case FXUSA says Hooray Capitalism and understand it helps the consumer yet in the next they indicated fixed minimum advertised pricing. MAP may help the dealers but it sure doesn't help the consumer nor does it help expand the airgun buyer market with artificially high prices as it is blatantly anti-capitalism.

I really wanted to make the leap for an Impact MkII but knowing the price should significantly less than the $2k price kind of leave a bad taste in ones mouth.

FX sets the min price on all products even the power plenums.

Dealers are allowed to charge more but can't charge less , your all getting products for the least price allowed. Based on manufacturing costs and import fees.

If you were paying an 80% markup like the clothing you are wearing there would be room for price variations.

If you want better pricing look to the used market there's no map pricing on used product. You just have to take advantage of one of your buddies so he takes a loss and you don't.

Maybe we should change to an auction format like real estate. When you have the winning offer when buying a house you are the biggest loser. Your offer is higher and better than everyone else that looked at the house. Even if you got a deal you paid the most out of anyone looking to get a deal.