Why no Burris

I like and use a Burris Veracity, FFP on my .25 Wildcat Gen I. It is a very bright/clear scope but as stated only focus' down to 35ish yards (although stated 50 in the manual).

Can't understand why Burris doesn't wish to get into the air gun scene, or offer an adapter to allow a lower focus (I emailed them and they have no such thing). In my opinion they are nice scopes.

My first Burris Timberline was made in USA, had no side parallax. The newer ones I believe are all made in the Philippines, at least the Veracity is anyway.

mike

I have plenty of Burris scopes,both pistol and rifle,most have ao,even some of my Burris pistol scopes,Back in the day I would get Burris usually before Leupold..I like the Leupold better, but save a lot of money getting the Burris,all of those scopes were made in the USA.

The Burris pistol scopes are 2d best next to Leupold.....I am spoiled with 32mm pistol scopes.....Pentax made some of the later Burris scopes and other optics....

I think now-a-days the younger shooters are not as tuned to USA made scopes.....That said it is ok as I am always looking for good deals on used Leupold and Burris scopes...and they must have AO.

Well, I collected hundreds of variable scope specs for around $500 or less, that have 10 yard side parallax and a holdoff reticle/ exposed turrets. That doesn't seem like much to ask....

And Burris did NOT have ONE scope that qualified to make it into my Scope Specs Lists.... 😔

As if they are ignoring us airgunners. (Wait, I think they are!)

Matthias

I have had a few over the years. All of the ones I had had an eyebox problem. I admit the last one was probably 10 plus years ago. I actually bought it brand new put it on a rifle , hated the scope soo much that I gave the whole outfit to the next friend who showed at my house. Told them to get it out of the house and I was never buying another Burris again. Hopefully they have that worked out by now. Funny a friend called me last night and said he has some Burris scopes he found in his uncles stuff, ask me if i ever heard of a 4x Mini. I said I heard of a 6x Minis, with AO, but don't think they ever made a 4 power mini. He says he has one in hand. I might go see it, just to see one. We are going way back now, sorry for the rant, this is what old people do,LOL.. 

What is notable is that their old Signature Series Rimfire Airgun 6-24x44AO and 8-32x44AO with their 10-100 yard max front focus AOs were inferior to the optically superior 50 yard to infinity Signature Series counterparts in clarity and brightness you wouldn't think they were made in the USA by the same manufacturer the difference was seriously night and day between them.