Why is Yong Heng so noisy ?

All the noise come sfrom them using a sintered bronze intake filter. You can replace the filter with any other using 1/4 bsp or npt thread.

I have just removed the original intake filter and check the noise level after covering up the intake hole with my finger, WOW ! the noise is cut down by two third I would say. Of course the intake hole cannot be covered up but it does prove that some muffler can be installed at the intake to cut down the noise substantially. I have ordered this intake filter to see if it will be good enough, if not, I will make a DIY muffler 

1556933882_446163945cccecfac44810.35247997_Capture.JPG

That filter won't make any difference to the noise level. My pump came with one of them and I replaced it with the sintered brass one because the plastic thread was stripped and it was only pressed in place. You will need to mount a quieter filter remotely as suggested by heavy-impact because the 1st stage separator block will have clearance issues with anything larger than the OEM one. From memory, I think the thread is 1/4 BSP. Just screw in a barb or spigot and run a hose to whatever works the best for your situation but make sure you don't choke it. 

Reactions: airgunfans
That filter won't make any difference to the noise level. My pump came with one of them and I replaced it with the sintered brass one because the plastic thread was stripped and it was only pressed in place. You will need to mount a quieter filter remotely as suggested by heavy-impact because the 1st stage separator block will have clearance issues with anything larger than the OEM one. From memory, I think the thread is 1/4 BSP. Just screw in a barb or spigot and run a hose to whatever works the best for your situation but make sure you don't choke it.

Thanks for the info. Just cancelled the order. Will make a muffler instead.

I quieted down my already not so noisy lightning by removing all four side panels and lining the edges that attach to the frame when reassembly, with a rubber tube type gasket found at the local Home Depot. It’s about 1/4” wide, oval in shape, and has a peel off sticky back. Comes in a role. It pretty much got rid of any panel vibration when the compressor is running. Can you possibly do that to the Yong Heng case cover?