Why is the Uragan standard and compact the same price?

I don't understand..........not sure what size bottle is on the compact but it's tiny compared to the 530cc bottle on the standard. What gives? I love the compact and want one but can't justify getting ''less'' gun for the same $$$$. Maybe I should just wait and get the Cricket Caliber tactical..............Hmmmm. On another note, I saw someone with pics of squirrel hits at 192 and 140ish yards with the standard in .22. Can I expect that from the compact? Thanks

-Goldfinger

The cost of materials between the two is a small part of the price. Also the barrels likely start at the same Length no cost savings there. 
Then there is the savings in production of quantity. Likely the standard sells many more units and manufactured in larger numbers in a run. 
Also often trying to keep things compact often costs more in engineering and design than when you aren’t so concerned with size. 
Its loser think to buy something less desirable because oF perceived value. Would you be happier with the compact it the standard was 200- bucks more. Then you should be happier with it if even if the standard was 200- less. 

I got the Uragan 177 standard I got the two Uragan mags, two Vulcan mags and two Carm mags , Load them all up and do a little target shooting a few sparrows if they get in the way and maybe a Euro dove, When its time to reload all the magazines my air gauge has moved a little, Not much but a little, I will repeat this about five times before I decide to put air in the Uragan tank, I don't have to but after 30 magazines I break down and fill it back up with the great white tank... Pretty crazy shot count, Has me smiling...

Mike 

This isn't an isolated story only pertaining to the Uragan. There's tons of other brands with similar pricing schemes.

Red Wolf Standard / HP - both $2900

EdGun R5M Standard and Long - seem current pricing reflects the different models, but they were the same price for a long time.

Taipan Veteran - pricing for compact, standard and long were the same for a long time.

HW110 and HW44 - pistol and rifle were the same price for a time when they didn't have a lot of HW110 options. I believe the standard and the long HW110 are the same price. 

What I take away from this is that the raw resources that go into building an air rifle are not the majority cost in the build. It would seem that labor and machine time would be the biggest cost in the build. Whether you cut a piece 10" or 16" the same time and labor is required to insure precision.