Why is it always like this? 5 shots at 50 yds. Always one that flys away!! 😂 My Kral Bighorn .30cal 44 gr JSBs. Well we’ll get ‘‘em the next time…

20231230_135341.jpeg

Why is it always like this? 5 shots at 50 yds. Always one that flys away!! 😂 My Kral Bighorn .30cal 44 gr JSBs. Well we’ll get ‘‘em the next time…

View attachment 420477
Say out loud so your gun can hear you that you’re going to shoot a six shot group but only fire five. 😃😃

If you don't want to bother with sorting pellets (don't blame you if you don't), just shoot it over a chronograph the whole string. Most times, you can see an out-liar there too.

Another problem one of my guns had was that the pellet would sometimes scrape the air inlet hole or something on the way into the barrel so that there will be deformities in the skirt or head. In my case, there was a small burr on the breech end of the barrel. Polishing it eliminated the problem.

One thing you can do is to point the barrel straight up or straight down when you load it. If the pellet "falls" in, or just rides in on the breech tip, that can alleviate this issue so you can track it down.

Hope this helps!

Even after sorting pellets I can sometimes feel when a pellet goes in stiffer than the others. I don't know if it is going in skew or if that pellet has a slightly different shape than the others as I found that most pellets are a bit oval in shape. I then know that the stiffer entry pellet is going to be a flyer, no matter what I am doing. I then just shoot it to the side to avoid that flyer on the target. Loose fitting pellets can also be flyers but less so than the tight fitting ones.
That is why I sort. Even then a flyer always ruin what would be a group I will be proud of. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/first-groups-for-the-year.1303926/