• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why is it? In the classified.

One thing I have noticed in all the forums I'm active in. All the classified ads are loaded with PCP guns. Hardly ever a break barrel. So I've come to this conclusion. Those of us that a avid Spinger enthusiast buy and usually keep our guns. Adding to our collection. 

And I'm not sure about PCP crowd. I'm not into them and probably never will be. 

Why are you guys always selling your guns. Is it the next best thing syndrome? Or the expense of the guns, having to sell one to buy the next? 

Just a curious question from a interested group member. 

Most PCPs are significantly more expensive than springers and not everyone can afford to keep everything so they sell their PCPs to buy new PCPs Especially when MK3 MK4 and so on latest and greatest become available because there's a new door open for long range PCP shooting accuracy whereas springers still only around 50 yards max anyway can't improve that unless something betters the RWS Diana 54 and 56 that can do 150 yards.

I would have to agree with Odoyle and add the fact that the inexpensive springers, or PCP's for that matter, are not worth selling in the classifieds due to shipping costs. I do see a couple of springers in the classifieds, I usually see more, but they have been scarce in the last few days to a week for some reason. Still as you have said there are, and will likely always be, way more PCP's than Springers in the classifieds.

I think most guys "try the fit", if the gun feels good, looks good, and shoots good I doubt many sell them. Break barrels are either shoved in a closet (like mine) or the expensive ones are added to a collection from what I have seen, because it really takes a collector or enthusiast to spend $250-400 on a spring gun these days. 

I think a vast majority of airgunners who shoot spring guns are shooting a ~100$ one, resale on those would be maybe $60 and shipping would cost the seller $20 or more depending on location, plus fees if paypal is used. Might as well just stick it in the closet and give it away some day. 

I think most guys "try the fit", if the gun feels good, looks good, and shoots good I doubt many sell them. Break barrels are either shoved in a closet (like mine) or the expensive ones are added to a collection from what I have seen, because it really takes a collector or enthusiast to spend $250-400 on a spring gun these days. 

I think a vast majority of airgunners who shoot spring guns are shooting a ~100$ one, resale on those would be maybe $60 and shipping would cost the seller $20 or more depending on location, plus fees if paypal is used. Might as well just stick it in the closet and give it away some day.

Yes your probably right about most shooting Wallyworld stuff. But there are many that have a large collection of Springer's. And we rotate them in shooting to keep them functioning properly. My most expensive one is 100 years old and still gets shot. My cheapest a Hatsan. 25 Edge and it gets shot more than the price deserves. Hell I even shoot my vintage bb guns a couple times a week in the recreation room. 

I have several spring rifles. If someone told me I had to sell all but one of my AGs. The last one out the door would be that Diana 430L I bought last fall on the deal with AoA. I'd probably have it out to John in PA for a tune but all the others would go first.

I don't sell my rifles. I've got a Grandprix pistol I'm thinking about selling. That would be the first AG I've ever sold I believe. Sold plenty of PBs over the years. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it till I can. If I think I am ever going to sell it. I try to figure out what I would rather have to keep.

Probably just me though.

I'm guessing price. It's generally the high end pcps for sale. You can buy a truckload of cheap springers for the price of one quality pcp. You could buy a handful of quality springers for the same. Sell one to get one I guess. Wish I could do that. I keep most of the airguns I buy pcp or not.

All power plants have their place. I would never limit myself to just one. I enjoy shooting. It can be powder, co2 or air any way it can be compressed. I do not discriminate.

I'm guessing price. It's generally the high end pcps for sale. You can buy a truckload of cheap springers for the price of one quality pcp. You could buy a handful of quality springers for the same. Sell one to get one I guess. Wish I could do that. I keep most of the airguns I buy pcp or not.

All power plants have their place. I would never limit myself to just one. I enjoy shooting. It can be powder, co2 or air any way it can be compressed. I do not discriminate.

I'm with you. Scott

Yes your probably right about most shooting Wallyworld stuff. But there are many that have a large collection of Springer's. And we rotate them in shooting to keep them functioning properly. My most expensive one is 100 years old and still gets shot. My cheapest a Hatsan. 25 Edge and it gets shot more than the price deserves. Hell I even shoot my vintage bb guns a couple times a week in the recreation room.

There you did it now I feel bad not shooting my poor neglected co2 guns. I have a few that I have never shot since I bought them and others that have been ignored for ten or fifteen years. I am a bad man evil? Probly it is so. ;^(

Pretty simple, really. Most activity among airgunners serious enough to spend much time on airgun forums is in PCPs, and serious airgunners enjoy trying different guns. New wears off, sell it for the next toy. The PCP market is HOT.

The quality springer market is not hot. And cheap springers aren't worth the trouble and shipping expense of selling used long-distance (like, on forums).

Pretty simple, really. Most activity among airgunners serious enough to spend much time on airgun forums is in PCPs, and serious airgunners enjoy trying different guns. New wears off, sell it for the next toy. The PCP market is HOT.

The quality springer market is not hot. And cheap springers aren't worth the trouble and shipping expense of selling used long-distance (like, on forums).

Bingo, price and popularity. Easier to keep buying couple of hundred dollar guns than couple of thousand.

As already mentioned it’s money and I’d add culture. I’ve been an avid airgunner for at least 20 years and lives on the old yellow during the peak years. I’ve been what many would consider rich AND poor depending on the chapter of my life. Airgunners are undoubtedly snobbish in their own right. Some won’t bother anyone or waste their time for anything less then 500 and that’s not rude it’s just how it is. Always has been, but since the PCP explosion it’s gotten more pronounced. Also like already mentioned, shipping is a killer. I for one would love to see more varied springer sales. Most of my purchases have actually been from people contacting me from forum posts and private messages rather then the classifieds.