• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Why I Love Springers

Joe, I watched your springer video and believe you picked off every scab. It proves that even us portly men of substance can garner the right kind of attention! I own springers,PCP's and PB's.So if I'm using modern math,shouldn't I get three times the action?? I can relate to your statement about bourbon,but am I penalized for 25 year old rum backed up with quality cigars ??
Joe,you da' man !!!

Love your videos Joe. The spring gun relationship is a love/hate relationship and that’s what keeps me coming back all the time. HEY, IF IT WERE EASY WOMEN WOULD BE SHOOTING ‘EM! Springers have charector and if I were pinned down in a fox hole with an air gunner that I had to rely on, I would sure as poop hope he wasn’t a sand baggin European PCP shooter!

Joe,

For me (somewhat sadly) an air-rifle/air-pistol is not a 'real' airgun unless it is powered by a spring.

I really appreciate my SSPs - a Walther LG90 & a Baikal IZH-46M, but it is my springers that are my true love.

Yesterday, I installed a Tony Leach 22mm conversion into my TX200, and it is superb - you just cannot do the same level of improvements/messing/fiddling/experimenting on a PCP.

Have fun & a good Sunday :)

Best regards

Russ

Joe, great video. Informative and entertaining. What else can we ask for ;-)

I have a small collection or air guns; three to be exact. Two springers and a PCP. I do most of my shooting in my back yard and what you said about the extra stuff needed for the PCP is definite true. I spent a couple of hours shooting my D48 yesterday and what a joy it is to cock, load, shoot and repeat. No fuss, no muss. I had replaced the piston in the 48 so this was my 1st opportunity to give it a proper sight-in and chrony it. (Besides, my CF tank is low and needs to be topped off...)

There's a certain rhythm you get when shooting springers that's hard to reproduce when shooting PCPs.

Very amusing video Joe! And some really good points. I think most PCP-owners started with springers, and now and then get them out in the daylight, and not only for nostalgic reasons. At least that is what I do now and then. No doubt, springers are fun to shoot with, and specially the pistols are challenging. This video would suit the PCP-section as well I think.

Love the video, Joe. And couldn't agree more.
I've been wondering why I haven't seen any posts from you on another site, and then happened across another recent video explaining your banishment! Sorry to hear you were exiled, but the silver lining (for me, anyway) was that it led me to follow you to AGN, which I hadn't really paid attention to before. Glad you are still out there causing trouble in TX. I'm trying to stay out of trouble (and the cold) here in MI, but it's a little easier to do that with one of your FWB300s in my basement.

Keep making the videos! And long live springers!