• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why I love NSA Ammo and hate squirrels. *GRAPHIC

Ok so we have been talking on the forums about NSA ammo and some of you have questioned how it performs. These shots were taken with my FX Crown .25 caliber, shooting NSA 34.7 grain hollowpoints at 850 fps. I am shooting from an elevated positon from a 2nd floor balcony with a 280 degree shooting grid out to 58 yards. I am shooting squirrels in my backyard, as they have started to destroy the siding on my home, chewed through the house into the attic, and promptly destroyed the insulation, wiring, and left feces all over the place. 

56bc043d41dea1ca74f3a353a924e3b1.jpg

Top left is sighting in a new scope, bottom left (middle) is some fine tuning, top right is the rifle where I want it. .25 caliber 34.7 grain NSA slugs at 850 fps from FX Crown, distance of 50 yards.

6da9dce307166c9c372aa8b0a1108481.jpg

As I am shooting through the woods from a fixed and elevated position it is not always possible to take headshots. I like the NSA slugs because as long as I do my part the anchor whatever I am shooting at instantly and they are DRT. This is a pic of the entrace wound. 

694332f8cb5e8ba7944a1e462f9a972a.jpg

This is a pic of the exit wound. My JSB pellets do not leave a wound channel like that. The blood-loss is very quick, and as a gun is basically a drill press at a distance, these seem to work quite nicely at draining the milkjug. 

b7a1137035c9414f65f6d0be6034bfb9.jpg

This is a random but obligatory picture of my new FX Crown when she is dressed up for field duty. :) 

So anyway I wanted to show you kids a little of what they are capable of doing and how accurate the slugs are at least at 50 yards with an average shooter behind the trigger. The squirrel was shot at 32 yards. Overall I am very happy with this platform and have nothing to complaint about. Hope this helped someone. 

I can relate with the siding damage....they did thousands of $$ of damage to my siding back in 2014-2015, years I was busy at work, and hardly ever home in the day to blast them out of my yard. Never made it into my attic though, good grief! The destruction they cause once they get in is unreal, I've seen vids on youtube of how bad it can get once they break in!

I blast every one I see now, with my .22 break barrel. Or a bb pistol. Also snare them. And trap them, then execute with bb pistol to the brain. I look at them as thieves that come to steal (fruit from my fruit trees) and destroy whatever they can. They are nasty, nasty, satan spawn vermin from hell! 😅

After a full top to bottom remodel of my 1979, split level house in 2015, I'm not playing around with these vermin, not going to let their populations balloon again. Spent way too much just having siding on all sides of the house being replaced, to let that happen again? Not on my watch! And, I'm still looking at spending thousands more to fix my yard, which is a cratered, lumpy, bumpy, swiss cheese moonscape in places, thanks to all their holes and tunnels. Probably this year, have to pay a landscape company to come out and fix all that, re-level the yard/fill in holes and craters, re-plant grass seed, etc. Yay. All thanks to rotten, tic infested, flea ridden vermin. 😠😠😠😠

Hope you get your house fixed up better than new, and keep up the good shooting!